Pinpoint Scan issue with mac

Hello Everyone,
    I am having a weird situation with 2 Macs running Mojave 10.14. It is a total Mac environment where pinpoint 2 was working fine with all the machines. But, We put in a new machine to replace the old one with pinpoint scan 3.3.8. Everything went well with pinpoint scan until I came across 2 Macs(2017 iMac Retina 5K 27”). The problem is with destinations window when I install pinpoint on these Macs. Once installed, the destination window comes up blank (no option to even add a new destination). I can not figure out why? Any help or guesses will be much appreciated. I tried to look online but no luck!
    Following are the measures, I have taken to try to resolve the issue but no luck:-
    1. Tried to uninstall pinpoint and reinstall it, then reboot the mac!
    2. Made sure there is only one instance of pinpoint is running on these macs!
    3. Made sure no registries from old pinpoint is there!

There are around 20 Macs running Mojave 10.14 on couple of different locations for same company and only 2 out of all are 2017 iMac Retina 5K 27” running Mojave 10.14. I checked operations guide for pinpoint and it says it is compatible with Imac 10.10, 10.11, 10.12 and 10.13. There is no new version for 10.14 yet, but I never had this problem before with 10.14.

If anyone has run into this problem before or has any idea what should I look into, I will much appreciate the help!

Thanks in advance!pinpoint-blankdestinations.jpg

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Pinpoint Scan issue with mac

I don't know if this is a waste of your time. Im not a MAC expert but here it goes..

The PinPoint Scan 3 HyPASApplication sends a UDP Unicastmessage on Port 5360 with anirreversible hashed PIN.
    The PC or MAC running thePinPoint Scan 3 Client applicationwith the matching PIN willrespond back to the MFP.
    After verification, the MFP and
    workstation establish a HTTPS communication channel on TCP Port 19091 or higher. All furthercommunication including image transfer occurs on this channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    I don't know if this is a waste of your time. Im not a MAC expert but here it goes..

The PinPoint Scan 3 HyPASApplication sends a UDP Unicastmessage on Port 5360 with anirreversible hashed PIN.
    The PC or MAC running thePinPoint Scan 3 Client applicationwith the matching PIN willrespond back to the MFP.
    After verification, the MFP and
    workstation establish a HTTPS communication channel on TCP Port 19091 or higher. All furthercommunication including image transfer occurs on this channel.
    Thanks for the information Brian.

Finally found a solution.

Problem was probably with Mac's video card. Client had two monitors (multi displays). Pinpoint destination window was empty on the primary display, but when dragged to secondary display, it came up with all the options in the destination settings. Saved the settings there and dragged back window to the primary screen and it was working fine now. Had to do same with all three Macs and it worked just fine afterwards.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Pinpoint Scan issue with mac

If you set the application to run in "low resolution mode" in the get info section of the app in finder it will resolve this issue every time. Just make sure to restart the app after you change that setting.