Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Account codes using MAC 10.14 to Sharp MX- 40 series

I have a client that wants to connect their MAC 10.14 to a Sharp MX3640N. They have Chrome installed and are trying to get the account code activated on the driver, but can not access the account code box as it is not accessible so they are unable to print to the Sharp MX-3640N
    1) The copier has the latest firmware installed
    2) the client has gone though CUPS to get the Mac to enable account codes
    3) Client has Chrome installed but not to sure about Firefox being installed

I know on some macs to KM boxes need adobe installed. Is this the same case with Sharp MX-40 series?
    Is there anything else I/they could be missing?

Re: Account codes using MAC 10.14 to Sharp MX- 40 series

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    I have a client that wants to connect their MAC 10.14 to a Sharp MX3640N. They have Chrome installed and are trying to get the account code activated on the driver, but can not access the account code box as it is not accessible so they are unable to print to the Sharp MX-3640N
    1) The copier has the latest firmware installed
    2) the client has gone though CUPS to get the Mac to enable account codes
    3) Client has Chrome installed but not to sure about Firefox being installed

I know on some macs to KM boxes need adobe installed. Is this the same case with Sharp MX-40 series?
    Is there anything else I/they could be missing?
    You mean Adobe Flash to access the KM boxes???....and that would be for Pagescope. CUPS is NOT Pagescope, but the Common Unix Printing system server inside the Mac. Many browsers are discontinuing Adobe Flash support due to security issues, so if the Sharp uses Adobe Flash to manage the machine through a newer web browser, you're probably SOL!!! Apparently there is some kind of disparity or compatibility issue going on due the age of the machine or some type of incongruity. That Sharp was introduced in 2013, so there's no telling what might be going on. Account codes using MAC 10.14 to Sharp MX- 40 series

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Try opening the notes program on the mac and see if more more options are shown to allow the account codes to be added. Then save the the settings as a preset and hopefully that'll do it. I've tried on a few konica minolta machines and not sharp but i hope its the same. I also had an issue where on some macs the preset wouldn't save the account codes and some would do it with on issue. Hope this helps

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Im not a Sharp tech but I did a test using a MX M4050 ppd from the Sharp site. Nice ppd with a lot of good add ons that I don't get with my Ricoh's. Are you sure that they are using the correct ppd. If they are using the native ppd provided by Apple you may not be getting all the options. The attachment shows my print dialog box with the options provided.

Good luck from the South Shore

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 9.39.00 AM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    Im not a Sharp tech but I did a test using a MX M4050 ppd from the Sharp site. Nice ppd with a lot of good add ons that I don't get with my Ricoh's. Are you sure that they are using the correct ppd. If they are using the native ppd provided by Apple you may not be getting all the options. The attachment shows my print dialog box with the options provided.

Good luck from the South Shore

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 9.39.00 AM.jpg
    Thanks Brianneone, I haven't been out to the site that the customer is located at and since talking with them I have not heard back but will follow up this week. This client has their own account admin load the drivers because they have agents come and go so we offer them free phone assistance but do charge for us to go out. This admin is pretty familiar with loading the ppd drivers, but mistakes do happen. I am going to follow up next week and see if there was any resolution and possibly make an appearance.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I am a Toshiba tech and know nothing about Sharp copiers but I do know that OSX 10.14 and Dept Codes are going to be nothing but pain for you and the customer. Until the customers upgrades to OSX 10.15.2, do Dept Codes become reasonable to work with again.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I am a Toshiba tech and know nothing about Sharp copiers but I do know that OSX 10.14 and Dept Codes are going to be nothing but pain for you and the customer. Until the customers upgrades to OSX 10.15.2, do Dept Codes become reasonable to work with again.

Thanks for the reply, I have been having some problems lately with MAC account codes on 10.14. I would add the code but it required the code to be reinstalled after the job was completed. Even added it in CUPS but no dice..

All good info!

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

With all brands, it seems the printer features are not accessible from native apps or google chrome in MAC 10.14.

What I've been doing with my Kyocera customers is going into a non-native app (Or i'll download adobe reader if they just have a stock MAC with nothing downloaded). I'll go into the print menu in the non-native app and set the user code (and any other default settings). Then I save it as a preset named "USE THIS ONE". once you print a page it should select that preset from now on as default even in native apps.

In google chrome, they would have to select the "Print using system dialogue" option for the preset to work correctly.