Exclamation Now it prints now it doesn't

Greetings! I have a Kyocera 3551 ci in an office with a wired network and a different wireless network. For some reason, the third octect in the Wired network changed from 0 to 1,so no communication was happening to the printer which has the original static ip third octect in the address to 0,ie,192.168.0.xxx. I discovered this through ipconfig command on a pc. Once I static ip'ed the address correctly on the printer,I was able to print. My question is, how do I get the Wireless network to see the printer? Do I have to configure the ip on the Wireless as 192.168.0.xx to match the Wired network? Intelligent and non condescending answer would be appreciated,since I an still green at this. Thank you.

Re: Now it prints now it doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by TonerEater View Post
    Greetings! I have a Kyocera 3551 ci in an office with a wired network and a different wireless network. For some reason, the third octect in the Wired network changed from 0 to 1,so no communication was happening to the printer which has the original static ip third octect in the address to 0,ie,192.168.0.xxx. I discovered this through ipconfig command on a pc. Once I static ip'ed the address correctly on the printer,I was able to print. My question is, how do I get the Wireless network to see the printer? Do I have to configure the ip on the Wireless as 192.168.0.xx to match the Wired network? Intelligent and non condescending answer would be appreciated,since I an still green at this. Thank you.
    Yes wireless needs to change also.
    Most likely the customer change the router.

Technician

as long as the copier/printer in plugged into the same router as the Wifi it should work. Just make sure what ever device you are trying to print from is on the same network

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

www.netgear.com/readyshare

Im going to try this device
    https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-N600-Range-Extender-WN3500RP/dp/B009MIGCW6/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?ie=UTF8&%2AVersion%2A=1&% 2Aentries%2A=0

and see if its easy to run. For less than 50 bucks I can double my money and if it does not work I can use it as a range extender.

Thank you for your replies. BSM2, I would say the router was changed,so I will have to get the settings back. The customer states that their smartphones were printing before this happened. Bricorley, I would say no wiring changes have occurred. All the PC's are on the same network as the printer. I will have to investigate this further to be able to focus my questions more thoroughly I presume.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Now it prints now it doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Yes wireless needs to change also.
    Most likely the customer change the router.
    Often times when a router is changed the newer router is not the same subnet as the previous one such as 192.168.2.x vs 192.168.1.x or maybe even to a 10.x.x.x network. If every thing is using DHCP then all the computers after powering up can see each other and use the internet, but the address set in the printer driver is no longer valid as the printer address has changed. If you have a customer where this happens often, try setting printing to device name instead of IP address.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Thank you for your replies. BSM2, I would say the router was changed,so I will have to get the settings back. The customer states that their smartphones were printing before this happened. Bricorley, I would say no wiring changes have occurred. All the PC's are on the same network as the printer. I will have to investigate this further to be able to focus my questions more thoroughly I presume.

If the router was changed go into the router config and turn off "wifi isolation" for relevant networks. Allow each smartphone to see each other and the local network printer.

Mobile phone Airprint is on a different sub net to the rest of the network. Some Airprint installs can set up a different separate network. If you changed the router you may need to configure the router with a bridge static route to pick up the airprint network. You may also need to set VLAN switching in the router if the printer is set to a cat5 dedicated routing port.

hth...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••