Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    SMB scanning to Windows Server 2019


    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    21

    SMB scanning to Windows Server 2019

    We have a customer that upgraded to Win Server 2019. Our Bizhub 458 (non e) cant scan to that machine. We get a server connection error.

    We can scan to a Win10 pc using the same exact credentials.
    We can browse to the scan folders on the sever using the same credentials the copier is using.
    I believe the f/w version was G00-W5 and Function version was 4.2
    It is on a domain.


    I have not dealt with a 2019 server and am unaware of any special settings. I am opening an email hotline ticket with KMBS thought I am not sure of their response time currently. Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    IT Manager 2,500+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,935
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: SMB scanning to Windows Server 2019

    Most likely a security issue that is out of date.

  3. #3
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    Rep Power
    124

    Re: SMB scanning to Windows Server 2019

    Just a thought.
    As W5 FW is from 2018 I would step up update to latest recent FW version X4. Not considering special FWs.
    Let us know.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  4. #4
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    12,066
    Rep Power
    296

    Re: SMB scanning to Windows Server 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by BHM View Post
    We have a customer that upgraded to Win Server 2019. Our Bizhub 458 (non e) cant scan to that machine. We get a server connection error.

    We can scan to a Win10 pc using the same exact credentials.
    We can browse to the scan folders on the sever using the same credentials the copier is using.
    I believe the f/w version was G00-W5 and Function version was 4.2
    It is on a domain.


    I have not dealt with a 2019 server and am unaware of any special settings. I am opening an email hotline ticket with KMBS thought I am not sure of their response time currently. Any thoughts?
    Anytime you are on a Server Domain, you have to properly set the domain name in your network interface settings. One typo and you will not be a part of the domain. In addition, the first DNS must be the domain DNS.

    If the Bizhub has not been power cycled since the Server 2019 was installed, doing so now might pickup the correct information from the DHCP.

  5. #5
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    SMB scanning to Windows Server 2019

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,411
    Rep Power
    76

    Re: SMB scanning to Windows Server 2019

    For printing make sure that the Windows Type 4 driver is not being used. You must use the latest driver from the manufacturer.

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    SMB scanning to Windows Server 2019


    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: SMB scanning to Windows Server 2019

    Had a tech go out this morning and install version X4 and still no luck. Have not tried power cycling the meter but I did copy and paste the domain name into the copier.

    One other curious thing is the smb scan error displayed in the job list shows 16712685 which does not appear on the SMB error list. Never saw a code with that many digits. Tech is going there later and will try rebooting. If that does not work, they are ok with scanning to computers so we might wait until we get another Server2019 issue to confirm if is is some weird random issue or something with 2019.



    Thanks

  7. #7
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    Rep Power
    124

    Re: SMB scanning to Windows Server 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by BHM View Post
    Had a tech go out this morning and install version X4 and still no luck. Have not tried power cycling the meter but I did copy and paste the domain name into the copier.

    One other curious thing is the smb scan error displayed in the job list shows 16712685 which does not appear on the SMB error list. Never saw a code with that many digits. Tech is going there later and will try rebooting. If that does not work, they are ok with scanning to computers so we might wait until we get another Server2019 issue to confirm if is is some weird random issue or something with 2019.



    Thanks
    Error Code List
    Error 16712685:
    The user name is not specified.
    Could not log in using the specified user name and password.
    The user failed to log in because an error has occurred in the SMB protocol that has no write permissions to the folder.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  8. #8
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    12,066
    Rep Power
    296

    Re: SMB scanning to Windows Server 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by BHM View Post
    Had a tech go out this morning and install version X4 and still no luck. Have not tried power cycling the meter but I did copy and paste the domain name into the copier.

    One other curious thing is the smb scan error displayed in the job list shows 16712685 which does not appear on the SMB error list. Never saw a code with that many digits. Tech is going there later and will try rebooting. If that does not work, they are ok with scanning to computers so we might wait until we get another Server2019 issue to confirm if is is some weird random issue or something with 2019.



    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Error Code List
    Error 16712685:
    The user name is not specified.
    Could not log in using the specified user name and password.
    The user failed to log in because an error has occurred in the SMB protocol that has no write permissions to the folder.
    Sounds like the user either was not added to Active Directory users for the Server 2019 or was not spelled correctly when added.

  9. #9
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    SMB scanning to Windows Server 2019


    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: SMB scanning to Windows Server 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Error Code List
    Error 16712685:
    The user name is not specified.
    Could not log in using the specified user name and password.
    The user failed to log in because an error has occurred in the SMB protocol that has no write permissions to the folder.


    Oh man, thanks for that updated list of error codes!!! It has a lot more codes than my current list. Login errors in these situations are my nightmare. Sometimes you have to rely on the IT person to have correctly done their part and of course they never ever make mistakes. lol


    Thanks so much!

  10. #10
    IT Manager 2,500+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,935
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: SMB scanning to Windows Server 2019

    Does it fail using the admin sign in?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here