Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    SMB scanning to Windows Server 2019

We have a customer that upgraded to Win Server 2019. Our Bizhub 458 (non e) cant scan to that machine. We get a server connection error.

We can scan to a Win10 pc using the same exact credentials.
    We can browse to the scan folders on the sever using the same credentials the copier is using.
    I believe the f/w version was G00-W5 and Function version was 4.2
    It is on a domain.

I have not dealt with a 2019 server and am unaware of any special settings. I am opening an email hotline ticket with KMBS thought I am not sure of their response time currently. Any thoughts?

Re: SMB scanning to Windows Server 2019

Most likely a security issue that is out of date.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Just a thought.
    As W5 FW is from 2018 I would step up update to latest recent FW version X4. Not considering special FWs.
    Let us know.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BHM View Post
    We have a customer that upgraded to Win Server 2019. Our Bizhub 458 (non e) cant scan to that machine. We get a server connection error.

We can scan to a Win10 pc using the same exact credentials.
    We can browse to the scan folders on the sever using the same credentials the copier is using.
    I believe the f/w version was G00-W5 and Function version was 4.2
    It is on a domain.

I have not dealt with a 2019 server and am unaware of any special settings. I am opening an email hotline ticket with KMBS thought I am not sure of their response time currently. Any thoughts?
    Anytime you are on a Server Domain, you have to properly set the domain name in your network interface settings. One typo and you will not be a part of the domain. In addition, the first DNS must be the domain DNS.

If the Bizhub has not been power cycled since the Server 2019 was installed, doing so now might pickup the correct information from the DHCP.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

For printing make sure that the Windows Type 4 driver is not being used. You must use the latest driver from the manufacturer.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Had a tech go out this morning and install version X4 and still no luck. Have not tried power cycling the meter but I did copy and paste the domain name into the copier.

One other curious thing is the smb scan error displayed in the job list shows 16712685 which does not appear on the SMB error list. Never saw a code with that many digits. Tech is going there later and will try rebooting. If that does not work, they are ok with scanning to computers so we might wait until we get another Server2019 issue to confirm if is is some weird random issue or something with 2019.

Thanks

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Had a tech go out this morning and install version X4 and still no luck. Have not tried power cycling the meter but I did copy and paste the domain name into the copier.

One other curious thing is the smb scan error displayed in the job list shows 16712685 which does not appear on the SMB error list. Never saw a code with that many digits. Tech is going there later and will try rebooting. If that does not work, they are ok with scanning to computers so we might wait until we get another Server2019 issue to confirm if is is some weird random issue or something with 2019.

Thanks
    Error Code List
    Error 16712685:
    The user name is not specified.
    Could not log in using the specified user name and password.
    The user failed to log in because an error has occurred in the SMB protocol that has no write permissions to the folder.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Error Code List
    Error 16712685:
    The user failed to log in because an error has occurred in the SMB protocol that has no write permissions to the folder.
    Sounds like the user either was not added to Active Directory users for the Server 2019 or was not spelled correctly when added.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Error Code List
    Error 16712685:

Oh man, thanks for that updated list of error codes!!! It has a lot more codes than my current list. Login errors in these situations are my nightmare. Sometimes you have to rely on the IT person to have correctly done their part and of course they never ever make mistakes. lol

Thanks so much!

Does it fail using the admin sign in?