Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh copier email transmission fail with Go Daddy

Re: Ricoh copier email transmission fail with Go Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Of course it is, but apparently that's not how he's been doing it.... Plus you need to make it clear that the account will log all of the emails, because again, whoever has the credentials has access to every email passing through
    Although I do know a few business owners who would love to have access to every email being sent from their copier.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Although I do know a few business owners who would love to have access to every email being sent from their copier.
    Haha...No Doubt. Me too!

But I guess what I'm saying is, that the same business owner probably isn't going to be cool with Sally, the office manager, having that type of access

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

So what is best way to solve problem. Like I said go daddy works then doesn’t. Most of my customer don’t have a mail server and now I found out gmail also not a good option Cause it sends a copy. Is rack space an option or do all mail server do the same thing.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    So what is best way to solve problem. Like I said go daddy works then doesn’t. Most of my customer don’t have a mail server and now I found out gmail also not a good option Cause it sends a copy. Is rack space an option or do all mail server do the same thing.
    Key idea is "E-Mail Relay Server with NO LOGGING"!!!Ricoh copier email transmission fail with Go DaddyRicoh copier email transmission fail with Go Daddy

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Retired 10,000+ Posts

My experience is that when email transmission fails intermittently it is usually that your ISP is blocking the SMTP port. This can happen with the size of GoDaddy when other email providers get numerous spam complaints about one of their customer the entire SMTP is black listed. GoDaddy is very quick at correctly the issue.

So now the question is with GoDaddy what SMTP port have you been using? Like I said above it is the port that is being blocked. So if you are using the one of the normal SMTP ports (25, 465 or 587) it can be blocked. One f the nice things with GoDaddy is that their SMTP server, smtpout.secureserver.net, can use port 80. Port 80 is the same port that every browser uses to access the internet and so cannot be blocked.
    GoDaddy Email Settings

thank you everyone for the posting. Looking into email relay also will try port 80 with go daddy

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

thank you everyone for the posting. Looking into email relay also will try port 80 with go daddy
    For what it's worth, and as far as I can remember, I only have 2 clients that are configured via Go Daddy server -both using port 80 (non-ssl)
    However, One of those clients has machines in 5 different offices around the City, all scanning under the same user account and they've not had a problem in years.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    My experience is that when email transmission fails intermittently it is usually that your ISP is blocking the SMTP port. This can happen with the size of GoDaddy when other email providers get numerous spam complaints about one of their customer the entire SMTP is black listed. GoDaddy is very quick at correctly the issue.

So now the question is with GoDaddy what SMTP port have you been using? Like I said above it is the port that is being blocked. So if you are using the one of the normal SMTP ports (25, 465 or 587) it can be blocked. One f the nice things with GoDaddy is that their SMTP server, smtpout.secureserver.net, can use port 80. Port 80 is the same port that every browser uses to access the internet and so cannot be blocked.
    GoDaddy Email Settings
    Your assessment is correct. Don't forget that smtpout.secureserver.net also utilizes port 3535, which they do not block. Since using the 3535 port we have not had any issues.