Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Ricoh copier email transmission fail with Go Daddy

Hello everyone

problem is email is now saying transmission fail. I have different type of Ricoh copiers and they are starting to have same problem. I am using go daddy mail server and been using for over 4 months with no problems. Now having issues where sometime it works and then quit working. We have spoke with them and they say is working fine on there end and nothing they can do. Is it possible needs a site certificate on copiers to verify that copier is legitimate . I notice that when i go to the web page of copier tells me not secure. i setup a gmail account and use gmail to send email when i start having problems. I notice that email receive would said cant verify and could be spam. Any suggestion thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh copier email transmission fail with Go Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    Hello everyone

problem is email is now saying transmission fail. I have different type of Ricoh copiers and they are starting to have same problem. I am using go daddy mail server and been using for over 4 months with no problems. Now having issues where sometime it works and then quit working. We have spoke with them and they say is working fine on there end and nothing they can do. Is it possible needs a site certificate on copiers to verify that copier is legitimate . I notice that when i go to the web page of copier tells me not secure. i setup a gmail account and use gmail to send email when i start having problems. I notice that email receive would said cant verify and could be spam. Any suggestion thanks
    Use G-Mail & whitelist in the spam filter. Problem Sol-Ved!!!Ricoh copier email transmission fail with Go Daddy

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Retired 10,000+ Posts

As soon as the email transmission fail message comes up, go to User Tools, System Settings, Interface Settings and print settings (it is at the top right of the touch screen). The last page of the print will have the network log. You can find the actual error that caused the transmission to fail.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Hello everyone
    i setup a gmail account and use gmail to send email when i start having problems. I notice that email receive would said cant verify and could be spam. Any suggestion thanks
    I wonder how the customer would feel about you using a gmail account that you created, and have access to, if they knew that it logs every single scan they send in the sent items folder, and you have access to it?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Did not realize that it would do that . I thought it was just authenticate so it would allow email to pass through .

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I wonder how the customer would feel about you using a gmail account that you created, and have access to, if they knew that it logs every single scan they send in the sent items folder, and you have access to it?
    Not only that but if the addressee's email provider bounces an email, it will come back to you as the authenticater not the customer.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Did not realize that it would do that . I thought it was just authenticate so it would allow email to pass through .
    You are still right. You'll find nothing in "Sent Items" folder of that mailbox. Google definitely has sent email log, but not the message (or attachment) itself. It would be very hard to get Smtp logs from Google.
    Furthermore, MFD has nothing to do with Gmail mailbox. A device just authenticates with Google SMTP server and sends a message.

Quote Originally Posted by diedux View Post
    You are still right. You'll find nothing in "Sent Items" folder of that mailbox. Google definitely has sent email log, but not the message (or attachment) itself. It would be very hard to get Smtp logs from Google.
    Furthermore, MFD has nothing to do with Gmail mailbox. A device just authenticates with Google SMTP server and sends a message.
    Is that so????

Well please explain then why I have 2 Ricoh boxes sitting next to me, scanning via my own GMAIL account, and every single email is logged with the attachment included!
    Not to mention, all of the customers that I have set up to use their own GMAIL accounts because they like that feature, have the same result!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post

Create a gmail account companyname@gmail.com then get them to choose the password & enter it into the copier etc this way only your client has access to that account.

Simple.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Create a gmail account companyname@gmail.com then get them to choose the password & enter it into the copier etc this way only your client has access to that account.

Simple.
    Of course it is, but apparently that's not how he's been doing it.... Plus you need to make it clear that the account will log all of the emails, because again, whoever has the credentials has access to every email passing through
    Last edited by sandmanmac; 04-25-2020 at 02:45 PM.