Technician

Sharp ce-00 scan to email error but email goes through

Wondering if anyone has encountered this before. I have 2 Sharp mfp's (including one in our office, and 1 at a customer location) that, when sending a scan to email, gives a CE-00 scan error, yet the email goes out, and is received by the recipient. The job log shows error 80-0000. The 2 models in question are an MXB402, and an MXB402SC. The 2 mfp's have totally different smtp. Firmwares are current.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: Sharp ce-00 scan to email error but email goes through

Quote Originally Posted by mattwill1107 View Post
    Wondering if anyone has encountered this before. I have 2 Sharp mfp's (including one in our office, and 1 at a customer location) that, when sending a scan to email, gives a CE-00 scan error, yet the email goes out, and is received by the recipient. The job log shows error 80-0000. The 2 models in question are an MXB402, and an MXB402SC. The 2 mfp's have totally different smtp. Firmwares are current.
    Holy God this is two weeks old. Although this is most definitely a network question, you would've been served well if you would have posted this at the Sharp section, as network savy individuals of the site might not understand the meaning behind CE-00 errors.

I'm not sure if you are still having issues, but in case you still are, here is my two cents.

Usually I see this code when I am scanning via SMB (Scan to Network Folder) but when I get it in scan to e-mail, usually it means that the username and password have changed. Either way, it's most likely an authentication issue. My question would be what e-mail service are you using?
    Another note. There are different solutions for different e-mail servers. For example, if your using Office 365, you would need to make sure that the username has "<" and ">" brackets. They would need to match what is written under File Naming Administration too. Also, date and time absolutely matter.

Next it could be an issue with DNS and sometimes if it is static, make sure gateway is correct.

You said firmware is up to date. Are you sure? Do you have the Special firmware? Or the KRACK firmware? The KRACK prevention firmware has the TLS 1.2 support needed for Office365, and GMAIL.

How is the set up? I have seen when (I know this MFP is not wireless) the copier is connected to an extender, some data goes through but it still has timeout errors.

Good luck.

Technician

Thanks for your reply. There were a number of views, but no replies, so I just figured no one had seen the specific issue. There was some confusion, and in fact the machine did not have the TLS 1.2 special firmware on it. I relied on the tech, and he didn't understand about special firmware. I went out and actually ran a packet capture, and that's where I noticed it was running TLS 1.0. Updated and all seems well. Still interesting that the emails would still go through despite the error; that's what threw me.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattwill1107 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. There were a number of views, but no replies, so I just figured no one had seen the specific issue. There was some confusion, and in fact the machine did not have the TLS 1.2 special firmware on it. I relied on the tech, and he didn't understand about special firmware. I went out and actually ran a packet capture, and that's where I noticed it was running TLS 1.0. Updated and all seems well. Still interesting that the emails would still go through despite the error; that's what threw me.
    TLS issue, I knew it! But you said it was up to date so I figured you must of put the newer special (KRACK) firmware.

For language sake, the two special firmwares you see in the portal, we call the first one SMBv2 firmware, and the latter KRACK (TLS v1.2 support) firmware.

That's why I asked to be sure. That's fantastic, I'm glad you got your issue resolved.

Have a good day. Sharp ce-00 scan to email error but email goes through

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk