Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MOPIER MODE After Win 10 update

We have been seeing a rash of issues with the latest windows 10 update recently, and one that I have taken about a dozen calls for now have been the symptom of "After windows update, I can only print One set of something, and printer says mopier mode". All HP printers so far.
    On most of them, even when logged in as an administrator, it wouldn't let you make changes to the driver in the printer properties....weird.
    So what we've been doing is reloading the drivers using the HP UPD.....for some reason when we tried a normal PCL 6 driver it would still default to "Mopier mode", and wouldn't give you the option to disable/ enable it in the "device settings".

Just wanted to throw that out there in case someone runs into it.
    Thanks Microsoft!
    Omertà

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: MOPIER MODE After Win 10 update

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    We have been seeing a rash of issues with the latest windows 10 update recently, and one that I have taken about a dozen calls for now have been the symptom of "After windows update, I can only print One set of something, and printer says mopier mode". All HP printers so far.
    On most of them, even when logged in as an administrator, it wouldn't let you make changes to the driver in the printer properties....weird.
    So what we've been doing is reloading the drivers using the HP UPD.....for some reason when we tried a normal PCL 6 driver it would still default to "Mopier mode", and wouldn't give you the option to disable/ enable it in the "device settings".

Thanks Microsoft!
    Yeah this has been an ongoing issue with WIN 10 1903 and 1909. You need to update to Win 10 2004.

It's not available for all models yet.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Thanks Microsoft!
    My Dad used to have a saying " They could fuck up a wet dream " ......

good catch brother.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Thanks Microsoft!
    In the past I have had problems with changing settings on drivers when the printer was actually installed on a server and shared. If an option, mode or peripheral was not enabled on the server, it could not be used on any workstation.