Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MSConnector Setup

MSConnector Setup

Hi guys, I just downloaded and ran through the setup for MSConnector. Everything seemed to go pretty smoothly and the 3551ci that I got it setup on is connecting to the our online sharepoint just fine. The issue I'm running into is that when I actually try to print something I get a 'login or password' error. Now this seems pretty 101, double check login info right? The issue is that I'm positive the login being entered at the MFP is correct. It won't even let you browse files until it has authenticated, I've checked with dud passwords and multiple users. So it knows my credentials are fine at login and will let me browse, I can even scan documents to the sharepoint without issue. It only seems to spit the error when I try to print from the sharepoint. Honestly the whole thing feels like either some form of 2 factor not processing (which seems odd because you'd think that would stop me from logging in) or that there is some sort of setting in sharepoint preventing that type of access. If anyone has dealt with MSConnector before I'd appreciate any sort of lead on this, I'm not particularly familiar with sharepoint but if you say there's something in there to check I'm sure I can get into it and look for the setting. Otherwise if someone has one working and doesn't mind sharing the layout\form factor of their setting inputs (Host name, domain, user ID, etc) to see if I'm just being negligent with some sort of prefix\suffix. Any ideas?

Re: MSConnector Setup

User you logged in as what are the rights for the user login? As with everything MS user must have rights to do anything.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MSConnector Setup

Is there a good way to check for a clear answer to that? I'm logged in as myself and on a computer I can download\upload\delete\move etc. everything in the folders I'm trying to get working from the printer. I may not have some form of higher level 'administration' rights but I wouldn't think that was necessary for this. If it is that seems a little dramatic for the printer to need super user type powers over the sharepoint. If that's the case then I guess that's my answer since I'm sure I'm in the 'user' class rather than 'admin' but like I said, I have full access to and control over the folders I'm after on any other medium so I'm not sure that's it.

Edit> I would also generally think that accessing and pulling data would be on the same or lower tier than making new folders and scanning to it, which I can do. (although I realize that may not always be the case that strikes me as the default)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MSConnector Setup

Yeah that basically just confirms I'm in the user category instead of admin, I don't have access to look at or modify page permissions. If that's the only lead I've got though I guess I'll get in touch with someone that does. I will post back with results.

Contact there IT they may not want them printing docs from machine

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MSConnector Setup

Alright I've now tried it with the owner account that has absolute rights to the sharepoint. Same issue, which really cycles back around to it not being a permissions issue at all. Only thing I can think of is that there is some setting in sharepoint that is preventing it with a hard no. Seems like a bad place to put a user login error message but that's where I'm at now. This whole thing seems reminiscent of Gmail requiring a special check box to allow things like outlook to talk to it. Any more ideas?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MSConnector Setup

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Contact there IT they may not want them printing docs from machine
    Haha we are the IT, this is internal at the company I work for. So if there is a setting that prevents it it was set inadvertently and is what I'm looking for.

Edit> To make it more clear I work for a small IT company and this is just me playing with resources internally to make sure I know how to set it up in the future for clients.

In Library settings, go to Information Rights Management.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts ThePomqueteer's Avatar

You mentioned 2 factor authentication, is it possible you need to use an app password for the login?