Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    certified scrub 500+ Posts
    correlation between print driver and Scan to smb...

There is absolutely zero correlation right?

some guy try to pin his scanning wasnt working because print driver was updated...
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: correlation between print driver and Scan to smb...

Correct....ZERO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

SMB is port 445 or 139 (CIFS, deprecated) & TCP/IP printing can be ports 9100 and such.correlation between print driver and Scan to smb...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    There is absolutely zero correlation right?

some guy try to pin his scanning wasnt working because print driver was updated...
    He probably changed his PC login password...therefore an authentication failure!correlation between print driver and Scan to smb...

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Only thing i can thank of that could link the two would be a firewall.

If the outgoing print gets blocked, and I had it before the firewall could block all communication on the device IP in both directions.
    But far fetched i would think.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    SMB is port 445 or 139 (CIFS, deprecated) & TCP/IP printing can be ports 9100 and such.correlation between print driver and Scan to smb...

Knew this, thanks. i was kinda blown away too. Because I'd be rewriting the last 10 years on the job, throw out all the tricks in the book. I was certain, but just want third opinion.

He probably changed his PC login password...therefore an authentication failure!correlation between print driver and Scan to smb...

Authentication wasnt the problem. I could ping from this IR ADV to my phone, and ping my phone to this IR ADV, but not to his PC.

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Only thing i can thank of that could link the two would be a firewall.

If the outgoing print gets blocked, and I had it before the firewall could block all communication on the device IP in both directions.
    But far fetched i would think.

I was thinking firewall, but he could print just not scan. It scanned to my laptop, so machine has no issue as far as I'm concerned. The first thing his IT went to look for was "Canon Print Utility" app on Win10 when they remoted in... I knew right away they dont know AT ALL. (first thing an experienced IT would ask is, IP?, login?, where is addressbook?)

I even hardwired the devices, it still couldnt find the PC. I even suggested it could be the ethernet port, and suggested to get a USB/ethernet adaptor(that could have happened, or his router fixed itself, or he changed back his router and just not owning up to it)

The claim was upon changing driver to Generic UFRII Plus, his scan stopped working. And after helping him on Sunday on my day off...the UFRII V30 is what got his scan fixed?

and! all this happend because his router was changed...

mierda de caballo!!

Knew this, thanks. i was kinda blown away too. Because I'd be rewriting the last 10 years. I was certain, but just want third opinion.

Authentication wasnt the problem. I could ping from this IR ADV to my phone, and ping my phone to this IR ADV, but not to his PC.

I was thinking firewall, but he could print just not scan. It scanned to my laptop, so machine has no issue as far as I'm concerned. The first thing his IT went to look for was "Canon Print Utility" app on Win10 when they remoted in... I knew right away they dont know AT ALL.

I even hardwired the devices, it still couldnt find the PC. I even suggested it could be the ethernet port, and suggested to get a USB/ethernet adaptor(that could have happened, or his router fixed itself, or he changed back his router and just not owning up to it)

The claim was upon changing driver to Generic UFRII Plus, his scan stopped working. And after helping him on Sunday on my day off...the UFRII V30 is what got his scan fixed? That driver is 2 years old...

and! all this happend because his router was changed...

qué montón de mierda de caballo!!
    Check to see if the network location is set to public or private mode!!! Public mode will pretty much shut down ALL incoming ports!!! Additionally, try using hostname and if that doesn't work, use the ip address of the target computer you are scanning to.correlation between print driver and Scan to smb...correlation between print driver and Scan to smb...

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Check to see if the network location is set to public or private mode!!! Public mode will pretty much shut down ALL incoming ports!!! Additionally, try using hostname and if that doesn't work, use the ip address of the target computer you are scanning to.correlation between print driver and Scan to smb...correlation between print driver and Scan to smb...

IP didnt work.

public and private mode? I could see the share folder with my laptop, but just not able to ping even from my laptop. So it couldnt be on Public mode...

did I miss something silly? shouldnt there be a message to prompt me if something mysterious was blocking the sharing function?

machine can scan to me no problem..

*I just did a test to my pc in Public mode, i can ping it from my phone...so its something abnormal. But GOOD TIP! thx!

IP didnt work.

public and private mode? I could see the share folder with my laptop, but just not able to ping even from my laptop. So it couldnt be on Public mode...

did I miss something silly? shouldnt there be a message to prompt me if something mysterious was blocking the sharing function?

machine can scan to me no problem..

*I just did a test to my pc in Public mode, i can ping it from my phone...so its something abnormal.
    Just a Quick Question...is his PC domain controlled by a server? If so, you will need it to authenticate with the local machine and not the domain if possible. correlation between print driver and Scan to smb...correlation between print driver and Scan to smb...

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Just a Quick Question...is his PC domain controlled by a server? If so, you will need it to authenticate with the local machine and not the domain if possible. correlation between print driver and Scan to smb...correlation between print driver and Scan to smb...

its a bloody home office with ISP wifi POS router(real fibre, oooo) with two POS signal booster. I even put all the devices on LAN, no wifi.

its as basic as you can get.

RIGHT? its sooo simple. but it didnt want to be fixed that day but today, and let me have this "wtf" in my head before Monday...