Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Papercut Mobility Print

Papercut Mobility Print

Now that Google Cloud Print is officially discontinued customers are looking for a free solution to print to their copiers from their mobile devices from outside their LAN.

Papercut offers their free "Mobility Print" solution with the hopes that it will entice more customers to purchase Papercut MF.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Papercut Mobility Print

Re: Papercut Mobility Print

Now that Google Cloud Print is officially discontinued customers are looking for a free solution to print to their copiers from their mobile devices from outside their LAN.

Papercut offers their free "Mobility Print" solution with the hopes that it will entice more customers to purchase Papercut MF.

Anybody have any experience with this?
    SSG you got caught by the "Printable View" bug. There is a workaround. If anyone else wants to reply, just use https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/n...3881&noquote=1 Thanks go to ThePomqueteer for this work around. If you want to reply with quote you will have to copy/paste and add the the Quote at the start and /Quote at the end with the proper brackets. Now does anyone know a way to give Likes and Thanks on Printable view posts?

That said, I wonder how it will take Papercut to realize that they are missing out on a lot of potential revenue.

Damn that was a lot of work just to reply top a post.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Papercut Mobility Print

Good cloud print was a useful tool I set this up for a few of my clients.

Anyone know of a good free alternative?

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts ThePomqueteer's Avatar

The only reason our customers used GCP was because they had Chromebooks which at the time didn't support native print drivers. Now that they do all our customers are ditching (not that they have a choice) GCP for local printing even after I suggested the Papercut solution to them. But this is a good suggestion, I remember looking into it when I first heard about GCP being discontinued. Seems pretty straightforward to set up. It seems for us at least the only reason we sold GCP was because there was no other option for Chromebooks.As for adding Thanks/Likes to printable view I don't think its possible as its a javascript command to do it. To find the first workaround I just hovered over the Reply to Thread button and noticed its just pointing to a URL with the thread number in it. If I hover over the Thanks/Likes button it just shows the url as javascript:// so I don't think you can do it unfortunately. Maybe someone more knowledgeable in web design can chime in though