Thread: airprint issue

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    airprint issue

airprint issue

anyone has issue with airprint on the newest Big Sur?
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    airprint issue

Re: airprint issue

... i have not encountered that combo yet.

I had to trouble shoot an iOS mobile device with am iOs Catalina PC. Catalina was only replaced by Big Sur in the last 15 days. Make sure the mobile device is on the same wireless network as the desktop device.

Those who quickly adopt the very latest iOS operating system are at both the leading and bleeding edge of technology.

airprint issue

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... i have not encountered that combo yet.

I had to trouble shoot an iOS mobile device with am iOs Catalina PC. Catalina was only replaced by Big Sur in the last 15 days. Make sure the mobile device is on the same wireless network as the desktop device.

Those who quickly adopt the very latest iOS operating system are at both the leading and bleeding edge of technology.
    There's usually factory driver to remedy such issue... Canon/Konica/Kyocera...

this printer was born a HP...however... and airprint does seem convenient for certain environment.... just not this one, as there isnt driver for HPs...(there is an app that works quite well, but then... 1/10 of that app is print driver, 9/10 is marketting)

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    airprint issue

... the latest Toshiba eBridge Next operating system works well with Airprint including Catalina. Air Print is built into the web browser, no drivers to load.

I do not expect any problems with Big Sur.

If the HP is less than $1k you get what you pay for. You should be talking to the customer about billable labour if they want you to invest more time into it. Customers will let you spend 100 hours of your time if they think the service is free to them.

airprint issue

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... the latest Toshiba eBridge Next operating system works well with Airprint including Catalina. Air Print is built into the web browser, no drivers to load.

I do not expect any problems with Big Sur.

If the HP is less than $1k you get what you pay for. You should be talking to the customer about billable labour if they want you to invest more time into it. Customers will let you spend 100 hours of your time if they think the service is free to them.
    I know I know. just wondering about recent airprint occurrences... see If I can fish for something I havent found. Looking for patterns is all.

Product specialst support marvin-vegan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    anyone has issue with airprint on the newest Big Sur?
    Is that a general question? Or are you experiencing anything in particular? Big Sur should work the same way as previous system. Discovery via Bonjour and so on..

airprint issue

Quote Originally Posted by marvin-vegan View Post
    Is that a general question? Or are you experiencing anything in particular? Big Sur should work the same way as previous system. Discovery via Bonjour and so on..
    edited.

I will try the HP section here. yes it was a general question. i am wondering if its isolated issue.
    Last edited by jmaister; 01-26-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    airprint issue

There are some option compatabilities with big sur and older version drivers (Konicas). I have seen issues with user code permissions, color option discrepencies, and some of the popup functions while trying to print mostly using user codes. But the normally new drivers are released when new OS's come out. Using airprint I have seen weird page qty issues with big sur (sending one copy, printing out 800!) but it was also resolved by installing the newest driver/taking it off airprint for the model. That being said if the issue is with a ipad.....dont know where to point!

JC