Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mal

Smile IRC3200 Scan To File

Hello,

I'm new to the boards and was hoping for a little insight.

I have installed a Canon IRC3200 into an existing network environment. The Boot-ROM is 6.06C and it has the Fiery Controller attached. Everything has been configured and talks with the network PCs with no issues as far as printing is concerned. Now, the problem... When using the scan feature to scan to a shared folder on the network, the scans are successful, but as soon as you print to the unit the scan feature will no longer scan to a file folder. I've tried manually browsing the network and it cannot locate any networked PCs once you print..... weird eh? The printing functionality still works fine... I understand that the Fiery controller is for the network printing but the scan functions still utilize the built in network port on the copier itself witch passes through the fiery controller.

I appreciate the advice.

Thanks!

mjarbar
    Hello,

I've not had much scope with these types of set up but have you tried Fiery scan? The software should either be with the machine or downloadable from Canon's web site.

Sometimes I have noticed that for no aparant reason using a Fiery with a machine throws it for a fruit loop causing all sorts of problems.

Sorry can't be of more help, but all the best.