Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ecopy Error

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ecopy Error

Hi all,

Is anyone using Ecopy with their MFP's? I am trying to set on up but as soon as i join the scan station to the Domain i get Error 0 on the quick connect but scan to email still works.

Thanks for any help

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Did you test your credentials when setting up the quick connect to the domain controller and did the test pass? Also, when connector to a Domain controller using either type of connector, it is best to add the Scan Station to the Domain Controller as a user with Admin privileges.

Also, which quick connectors are you trying to set up. Have you set up another quick connector for scan to folder and does it work? This may be your problem.

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unisys12 View Post
    Did you test your credentials when setting up the quick connect to the domain controller and did the test pass? Also, when connector to a Domain controller using either type of connector, it is best to add the Scan Station to the Domain Controller as a user with Admin privileges.

Also, which quick connectors are you trying to set up. Have you set up another quick connector for scan to folder and does it work? This may be your problem.

Thanks for your reply. There are no tests for the Quick Connect, there is howerver one for scan 2 desktop and this works find no probs at all which would make you believe its the connecter thats faulty but this scan station has been tested and works on another domain. All admin rights have been set and i have set the scan station as a user.

Thanks again

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Yeah! I forgot about there not being a "test" in the Quick Connectors. It's been awhile since I've set one up so, forgive me.

One more question though... since I haven't been able to get to any of my Ecopy info... Why use a Quick Connector for scan to folder if Scan to Desktop works fine? I mean, I'm just wondering.

As for the error your getting, I don't know other than the other obivious stuff that you've probably already covered. Other than what we covered in our previous conversation, have you tried uninstalling the quick connector and reinstalling it?

Other than that, if you have an ESPN Account, you could log in there and check it out there. Although going to the Ricoh E-Copy class and passing the test, Ecopy will not give me my certification (or an ESPN account) since our company doesn't have their own domain for e-mail. Sucks!!

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unisys12 View Post
    Yeah! I forgot about there not being a "test" in the Quick Connectors. It's been awhile since I've set one up so, forgive me.

One more question though... since I haven't been able to get to any of my Ecopy info... Why use a Quick Connector for scan to folder if Scan to Desktop works fine? I mean, I'm just wondering.

As for the error your getting, I don't know other than the other obivious stuff that you've probably already covered. Other than what we covered in our previous conversation, have you tried uninstalling the quick connector and reinstalling it?

Other than that, if you have an ESPN Account, you could log in there and check it out there. Although going to the Ricoh E-Copy class and passing the test, Ecopy will not give me my certification (or an ESPN account) since our company doesn't have their own domain for e-mail. Sucks!!

Thanks again. I finally at 5.30 last night got it working. It was doin it because the time on the scanstation was not syncronized with the time on the server now why that only affects quick connector i have no idea.

To answer your question as to why use quick connect when desktop works its because its our showroom machine so we need all connector working to show customers.

Thanks again