Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

scan to folder to macbook using SMB

Hi everyone,

ON Youtube saw where they were able to scan to MacBook using OS Mojave. So i bought a Mac book with Mojave and it work

I can scan to the Ricoh Black and white copiers MP 2554/MP 2555 and newer

Ricoh color copiers MPC3004/and ex and newer copiers.

My problem is a Ricoh MPC3003 that one Doesn't work but the MP2554 does. Has anyone have the MPC 3003 scanning to MacBook. IF so what needs to be done on copier. Firmware is up to date.

Thanks in advance on problem.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: scan to folder to macbook using SMB

Macs have been using SMB as their default sharing protocol for quite awhile now. All newer versions of MacOS are using SMB 3 so you will need to make sure the MFP is configured to use all of its settings.
    Last edited by rthonpm; 04-16-2021 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Clarity

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Some older MFPs doesn't support SMBv3 even with their latest FW. Go in web interface I think Ricoh call it WIM and under network there should be SMB client version they support.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Telnet into the 3003 and run a "show" command..Make sure "SMB client auth" is not set to "0"
    If it is you will need to change it to a 1 or a 2..you can start with 2 but if you get a invalid command error change it to 1..I know that the machines will support it.

enter "smb client auth 2"

enter "logout"

enter "yes" to save changes

Will try this suggestion on Monday

try last suggestion mpc 3003 will not do "smb client auth 2" only "1" and i change port to 445 no luck scan to Mac Book using Mojave . looks like only the mpc 04 series and up will work.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    scan to folder to macbook using SMB

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    try last suggestion mpc 3003 will not do "smb client auth 2" only "1" and i change port to 445 no luck scan to Mac Book using Mojave . looks like only the mpc 04 series and up will work.
    The Cxx03 does currently support SMB v2/v3. Firmware update was released a few years ago. The list of supported models has been posted a number of time recently. Make sure that your firmware is up to date. Check User Tools - System Settings - Interface Settings. There should be a box that says SMB Client Advanced Settings. If it is not there you are most likely not on the latest firmware. Advanced Settings are Port and whether SMBv2/SMBv3 is active.

Support for SMBv2/v3 is dependent on each of the following firmware modules. Please be sure to update all
    of them:
    - Network Support
    - Scanner
    - Web Support
    - System Copy

my firmware is update and scanning to windows 10 works fine. it is the mac side that i am having a problem with. when i try to do telnet and do the smb client auth 2 says invalid parameter but if i do smb client auth 1 will change default from 0 to 1.

Slimbob was right i research and thought i had latest but was wrong got the latest firmware for the mpc3003 and was able to scan to it.

thanks again for the help.

try a different mpc3003 will not scan to folder Macbook. MY firmware was updated to latest but what i find was java firmware needs to be 11.31 or higher. Also need to set smb client auth to 1. Not sure on how to proceed on getting firmware for java . Do i have to buy a java sd with that Firmware or can it be upgrade like the other firmware. First time dealing with java .

thanks everyone for getting me to this point.