Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Re: Scan to Email via 365 - Now blocked

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Not me. Not during the sales process. Most business owners aren't tech savvy and I've found that introducing too much technical information during the sales process brings a look in their eyes of "how can I get rid of this guy as quickly as possible."

When I have trained sales people in the past, they would go into some diatribe about the technical specifications of the copier and they would lose the prospect in about 30-seconds.I prefer to deal with most of the technical issues after I make the sale. Besides, there's no money in selling something like Microsoft 365...they can get it without help from me at the same price.

With that being said, there's a time and place for everything and eventually that bridge will have to be crossed.
    Oh I bet your service team loves that. Nothing like re-inventing the wheel in front of a new customer.
    Sales may get them, but service keeps them.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Scan to Email via 365 - Now blocked

Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    Oh I bet your service team loves that.
    Not as much as having to explain to the customer that the sales person lied to them.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Not as much as having to explain to the customer that the sales person lied to them.
    I have a line for that....:
    " The salesperson mis-spoke, and I cannot speak to what someone else has told you. However, I can address the issue now that I know what we are dealing with "

TRANSLATION: Sales undersold you now I get to deal with it.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

" The salesperson mis-spoke, and I cannot speak to what someone else has told you. However, I can address the issue now that I know what we are dealing with "

i'm not sure if billy has a service staff, I think he is a one man band.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    i'm not sure if billy has a service staff, I think he is a one man band.
    +1 on this. I think he deals with what he sells, completely different from usual model we know.
    Side note I had at one point to explain to the customers that copier configuration they've purchased have NO duplex option included/installed and they have to do it manually or pay for the duplex option. It was perfect combo: cheap customer - low end A3 machine - bad salesman saying always "Yes-Yes-Yes" - service(me) had to make it printing autoduplex(I failed).
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Scan to Email via 365 - Now blocked

Oh I bet your service team loves that. Nothing like re-inventing the wheel in front of a new customer.
    Sales may get them, but service keeps them.

Man you seems to be full of right one liners.
    I like that bring us some more
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Man you seems to be full of right one liners.
    I like that bring us some more
    I can fix anything that doesn't have tits or tires. If it has tits or tires and belongs to someone else, leave it alone!

Error Code :Chairokey Interface Error. There was a problem with the person in the chair operating the keyboard.

If I take a call for dirty slit glass or paper reload, I tell the customer what happened then say " We call this a job security call "

I have a very deep voice and am constantly told "you should be on the radio". I always smile and reply "as long as I don't have a face for radio, I'll take that as a compliment"

Retired 10,000+ Posts

There was a problem with the person in the chair operating the keyboard.
    Reminds of a sign I saw on the door to the IT department State Farm Insurance Southern California Data Processing center. "The problem exists between the back of the chair and the keyboard."

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Back in my Lanier days, I used to frequently enter the fix in the service history as 'DFU' as in dumb f*cking user. If asked by the customer, I'd say the problem turned out to be a device to DFU interface issue.

I covered for another tech on my team and when he got back and had to revisit a couple of the same customers he had to call me and ask why there were so many document feeder unit issues. I had to explain to him what I was really putting down as the fix.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Yammer retiring support for TLS 1.0\1.1
    This message post is a reminder of the ongoing progress of retiring TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 protocols in Microsoft 365.

As previously communicated (MC126199 in Dec 2017, MC128929 in Feb 2018, MC186827 in July 2019, MC218794 in July 2020 and MC240160 in February 2021), we are moving all our online services to Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2+ to provide best in class encryption, and to ensure our services is more secure by default. The changes to enforce TLS1.2+ in our service started on October 15, 2020 and will continue to propagate through all Microsoft 365 environments for the next few months. If you have not taken steps to prepare for this change, your connectivity to Microsoft 365 might be impacted.
    Yammer recently made a change to a certificate to ensure we support default ciphers. To view which ciphers www.yammer.com supports, please visit SSL Report
    How this affects your organization:
    Any applications that call Microsoft 365 APIs over TLS 1.0 or TLS 1.1 will need to be updated to use TLS 1.2. The .NET 4.5 framework defaults to TLS 1.1.
    What you can do to prepare:
    For information on updating the .NET configuration, please visit How to enable TLS 1.2 on clients

For information regarding the deprecation of TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Office 365, which includes Yammer, please visit Preparing for TLS 1.2 in Office 365 and Office 365 GCC