Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

E Automate Best solution?

As a small company we have been using our own mixture of spreadsheets and databases to bill our contracted devices and page counts. We are looking to move to a better platform of some kind to speed up billing. Are there other options we should be looking at besides E Automate?
    Thanks so much!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    E Automate Best solution?

Re: E Automate Best solution?

Quote Originally Posted by thinkink View Post
    As a small company we have been using our own mixture of spreadsheets and databases to bill our contracted devices and page counts. We are looking to move to a better platform of some kind to speed up billing. Are there other options we should be looking at besides E Automate?
    Thanks so much!
    Near as i can tell..no not really on the other options.

We have been using it for years now and I find it works well.

Personalized forms customization is the only thing that's a bit of an issue but not a great big one.
    Unless you have someone that can build you a crystal report file, customized reports are purchasable extra items.
    You can put your logo on things, change wording here and there but customizing the layout of the forms is not possible without cooking up a custom *.rpt crystal report.

The eauto system can grow a ton for your needs with added modules, we use the RemoteTech addon and the techs use cellular tablets to use with it. Paperless service tickets, customer gets email summary of ticket, Tech can move calls between them, techs can move parts between them and lookup histories and parts availability and cost.

All in all, I am a fan of it.

Field Service Management Software | Miracle Service

This is a another option I set this up
    for a small company

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent128 View Post
    Near as i can tell..no not really on the other options.

We have been using it for years now and I find it works well.

Personalized forms customization is the only thing that's a bit of an issue but not a great big one.
    Unless you have someone that can build you a crystal report file, customized reports are purchasable extra items.
    You can put your logo on things, change wording here and there but customizing the layout of the forms is not possible without cooking up a custom *.rpt crystal report.

The eauto system can grow a ton for your needs with added modules, we use the RemoteTech addon and the techs use cellular tablets to use with it. Paperless service tickets, customer gets email summary of ticket, Tech can move calls between them, techs can move parts between them and lookup histories and parts availability and cost.

All in all, I am a fan of it.
    Thanks Man

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

I have been using E Auto for years, been to the EUG conferences in Salt lake city, the whole nine yards. It is a very well designed program, especially for our industry. Contracts, meters, invoicing, inventory; it literally does it all.

That being said, the Remote Tech app for the tech phones is abysmal. It is a constant thorn in my side, calls get stuck, app crashes and it literally has to be removed and re-installed every few weeks. The previous builds were much more stable.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Technician

Probably too late but check out Forza ERP. It was designed with open architecture in mind and uses SAP Business One as the core engine.

SAP Business One is industry agnostic but Forza is basically an add on of sorts that adds copier industry specific functionality.

I can PM you the info for the sales representative I worked with, he was really great.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by comdoc View Post
    Probably too late but check out Forza ERP. It was designed with open architecture in mind and uses SAP Business One as the core engine.

SAP Business One is industry agnostic but Forza is basically an add on of sorts that adds copier industry specific functionality.

I can PM you the info for the sales representative I worked with, he was really great.
    Thanks so much for reaching out we actually have no moved on anything yet. We made some changes on our existing system but are till looking to upgrade, I will check it out.

Technician

Conceptually, it makes a lot more sense though I haven't personally used it. If I were getting an ERP today, I would start with them. But again, I don't know the reality and ECI has been around for longer. Then again, SAP is obviously huge and Forza was born by an industry expert who wanted to solve the flaws apparent in ECIs aging e-automate platform and was purchased by Konica Minolta.

In theory, you'll have a much better time if you ever need other integrations or need a quick LOB app because of the open architecture. There's a lot of add-ons and pre-existing integrations too as it's SAP Business One. You just get a lot more flexibility on that side of things which I think is a positive considering print and copy CAGR is expected to decline -0.17% annually and we're all looking to diversify.
    Last edited by comdoc; 03-09-2022 at 06:54 PM.