Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    28

    Papercut split scan every n pages

    Hi,

    We have a customer with papercut who needs the scans to be split every two pages as they scan in 100's of 2 page docs at the same time. In the admin interface it has batch splitting but that's applied at the processing level and not at the MFD level so you can split every single scanned doc into 2 pages or not at all.

    Any way to do this?

    I thought of enabling the MFD scanning options and then configuring the scan to go around papercut and straight to the user which would work I guess but it looks like papercut disables it. When I select use local function I just get the copy option and theres no scan function other than to use papercut. Any ideas how you turn on MFD scan function in papercut?

    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Papercut split scan every n pages

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,014
    Rep Power
    139

    Re: Papercut split scan every n pages

    Quote Originally Posted by fishleg View Post
    Hi,

    We have a customer with papercut who needs the scans to be split every two pages as they scan in 100's of 2 page docs at the same time. In the admin interface it has batch splitting but that's applied at the processing level and not at the MFD level so you can split every single scanned doc into 2 pages or not at all.

    Any way to do this?

    I thought of enabling the MFD scanning options and then configuring the scan to go around papercut and straight to the user which would work I guess but it looks like papercut disables it. When I select use local function I just get the copy option and theres no scan function other than to use papercut. Any ideas how you turn on MFD scan function in papercut?

    Thanks for any help.

    You can set papercut to use native scanning then you can use the batch scanning setting etc.

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  3. #3
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Papercut split scan every n pages

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

    You can set papercut to use native scanning then you can use the batch scanning setting etc.

    Sorry thick question how would you find that? Total paper cut novice. I know to get into the admin console that's about it..

    You can have both enabled? So both paper cut and native scanning on? Could you enable it for one person?

  4. #4
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Papercut split scan every n pages

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,014
    Rep Power
    139

    Re: Papercut split scan every n pages

    Quote Originally Posted by fishleg View Post
    Sorry thick question how would you find that? Total paper cut novice. I know to get into the admin console that's about it..

    You can have both enabled? So both paper cut and native scanning on? Could you enable it for one person?
    Top of my head I can't remember if I was sitting at console I could find it.

    You can set both follow me or native scanning.

    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  5. #5
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Papercut split scan every n pages

    diedux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Papercut split scan every n pages

    Quote Originally Posted by fishleg View Post
    Hi,

    We have a customer with papercut who needs the scans to be split every two pages as they scan in 100's of 2 page docs at the same time. In the admin interface it has batch splitting but that's applied at the processing level and not at the MFD level so you can split every single scanned doc into 2 pages or not at all.

    Any way to do this?

    I thought of enabling the MFD scanning options and then configuring the scan to go around papercut and straight to the user which would work I guess but it looks like papercut disables it. When I select use local function I just get the copy option and theres no scan function other than to use papercut. Any ideas how you turn on MFD scan function in papercut?

    Thanks for any help.
    Hi,
    I don't know if I understood you correctly, but you can split every 2 (or whatever number) pages. In other words, you scan a batch of originals and at the output, you get 1 document, then PaperCut splits this 1 document into separate documents according to settings.

    Also, you can use device native scanning. This is a separate thing and it depends on the platform (MFD brand) you use. Native scanning is not restricted by default after installing PaperCut on the device (on some brands - yes).

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Papercut split scan every n pages

    Quote Originally Posted by diedux View Post
    Hi,
    I don't know if I understood you correctly, but you can split every 2 (or whatever number) pages. In other words, you scan a batch of originals and at the output, you get 1 document, then PaperCut splits this 1 document into separate documents according to settings.

    Also, you can use device native scanning. This is a separate thing and it depends on the platform (MFD brand) you use. Native scanning is not restricted by default after installing PaperCut on the device (on some brands - yes).
    Yeah that's right but it's only for one job if you activated that then every single scan job would get split up.

  7. #7
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Papercut split scan every n pages

    diedux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Papercut split scan every n pages

    Quote Originally Posted by fishleg View Post
    Yeah that's right but it's only for one job if you activated that then every single scan job would get split up.
    You can have as many "Scan actions" (aka scan workflows) as you like. Every single one of them can have a different configuration. These "Scan action" settings do not apply to all scanned docs, only for that specific one.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here