Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    4G mini router issue with copier


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,488
    Rep Power
    57

    4G mini router issue with copier

    In Australia are largest Telco, Telstra, provide 4G mini wifi routers.

    These typically are accessed by PC's using WiFi but it includes a single Ethernet port which I have connected the copier to.

    I have had this problem 5 times so far on both HP and Konica Minolta.

    I cant print to copier but I can ping and driver report SNMP toner levels. The copier can also scan to a external email server without issues

    The fix is always to disable Dual band and lock it to 2.4 only.

    I dont know why this fixes it but it always does.
    Thought Id mention it in case it helps anyone else as Im sure other Telcos will use this router as well

  2. #2
    Junior Member Cangnagnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: 4G mini router issue with copier

    If you have problems with your network connection but have determined that it is not your computer or a bad cable, your router may be the problem. Also, routers are not very difficult to solve, so it is easy to detect network problems. Usually, the easiest, or as most do, is to restart XD. I had issues with the internet, and I decided to change to a new monthly internet subscription. Simply Switch helped me make a better choice and know everything about how to pay and how it works. We have a family subscription because I have a subscription and my wife, and we are thoroughly enjoying the new subscription.

  3. #3
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    4G mini router issue with copier


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,488
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: 4G mini router issue with copier

    Quote Originally Posted by Cangnagnt View Post
    If you have problems with your network connection but have determined that it is not your computer or a bad cable, your router may be the problem. Also, routers are not very difficult to solve, so it is easy to detect network problems. Usually, the easiest, or as most do, is to restart XD. I had issues with the internet, and I decided to change to a new monthly internet subscription. Simply Switch helped me make a better choice and know everything about how to pay and how it works. We have a family subscription because I have a subscription and my wife, and we are thoroughly enjoying the new subscription.
    spam much

  4. #4
    IT Manager 10,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Don't be a Billy
    Posts
    10,862
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: 4G mini router issue with copier

    That's the problem with dual band.
    Once the PC selects the 5G band should it have an issue it doesn't fall back to the lower band that's why it fails.

    Almost the same issue having the PC hardwired and wireless turned on.

  5. #5
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsyltucky
    Posts
    2,095
    Rep Power
    73

    Re: 4G mini router issue with copier

    Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    That's the problem with dual band.
    Once the PC selects the 5G band should it have an issue it doesn't fall back to the lower band that's why it fails.

    Almost the same issue having the PC hardwired and wireless turned on.
    These little routers are usually garbage: they're made to connect devices for internet access more than internal communication so there's very little in terms of QoS (Quality of Service) control or any kind of real management with them.

    Oyu may be able to connect a real wifi router to the Ethernet port on the device and let everything talk off that instead of relying on the ISP device.

  6. #6
    Technician
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: 4G mini router issue with copier

    Отличная тема

  7. #7
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    4G mini router issue with copier

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,501
    Rep Power
    386

    Re: 4G mini router issue with copier

    Quote Originally Posted by livevi View Post
    Отличная тема
    Please translate

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: 4G mini router issue with copier

    ^This...these routers typically dont have the hardware capability to handle work loads. Ive had a few out in rural areas overheat, turn off, and than receive 15 calls that "urgent reports" sent are not being printed by the copier.

    JC

    Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    These little routers are usually garbage: they're made to connect devices for internet access more than internal communication so there's very little in terms of QoS (Quality of Service) control or any kind of real management with them.

    Oyu may be able to connect a real wifi router to the Ethernet port on the device and let everything talk off that instead of relying on the ISP device.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here