Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Printer properties sometimes not accepting changes..

Hi,

I don't know where to begin with this one we have a Kyocera copier using the latest universal print driver and for some reason not all the time but at least once a day a user will go to print go into printer preference/properties to change to colour, duplex etc but when they go to collect there job its totally ignored what they set and put it to single grayscale.

Trust me I've had that argument.... you sure your going into printer properties.. you hit ok yes?

I didn't believe it at first but then it actually happened in front of us and I was watching everything and they did it all correctly.

The printer is shared on VM machine running windows server running the latest Kyocera Uni Driver. They use microsoft office and edge for 99% of their printing, is their something that microsoft apps do like do they override the print preferences?

Latest FW, latest drivers.

Thanks for any ideas.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Printer properties sometimes not accepting changes..

I'm not Kyo tech but in Konica Minolta world we are using PCL or PS drivers usually. I don't have single client where KM universal driver is used. I will try Kyo PCL6 driver if possible.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

my guess is since its connected to a server. then everything print is probably setup on the server. and the server is overriding the settings from her PC in general. just something i would look into. worst case see if you can bypass the server altogether and setup printing just from the PC having the issues.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I'm not Kyo tech but in Konica Minolta world we are using PCL or PS drivers usually. I don't have single client where KM universal driver is used. I will try Kyo PCL6 driver if possible.
    I cant find one its either universal and all the options of the machine or a basic driver with nothing. They literally use every function to the max as well so account numbers to bill departments, secure print codes. They have a KX v4 driver but it doesnt offer the same level of functions so the universal driver has the pop secure print and popup account id enter and validate. I cant find another driver that does all that.

Feels like a compatibility problem with microsoft apps / driver compatibility but I've got no other drivers to try.

Have you tried the newest KX driver v8?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

As an experiment you might try converting your Office documents to PDF before printing. I've had that solve a wide variety of quirky situations. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Check to see if the Users have Manage Printer rights, and remove those rights. This is one way settings from one user can be applied to the Server.

Also I echo that the 'Universal Driver' is problematic and should not be used, you want the KX Driver 8.1.1109 from the Kyocera Global Site:
    https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions...tml#tab=driver

This links to the 6053ci but the package should have .ppds for most of the product line. The KX driver has all the features of the 'Universal Driver' without the ambiguous connection issue.

The Uni-drivers are NOT the Universal Driver. They are standard Windows drivers (unidrv.dll, pscript5.dll) with manufacturer .ppds bound to them for printer specific option control. You don't want these either as the options are not easily accessed for things like Account Codes etc.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I am wondering, is there any reason why you posted your question in connectivity instead of one of the Kyocera technical forums where all those knowledgeable on Kyocera would see it? Also why did you not identify the specific model?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I am wondering, is there any reason why you posted your question in connectivity instead of one of the Kyocera technical forums where all those knowledgeable on Kyocera would see it? Also why did you not identify the specific model?
    Sorry it's an 8353ci dunno just thought it might be effecting different printers as well as Kyo.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PrintWhisperer View Post
    Check to see if the Users have Manage Printer rights, and remove those rights. This is one way settings from one user can be applied to the Server.

Also I echo that the 'Universal Driver' is problematic and should not be used, you want the KX Driver 8.1.1109 from the Kyocera Global Site:
    Product Support & Downloads | Kyocera Document Solutions America

This links to the 6053ci but the package should have .ppds for most of the product line. The KX driver has all the features of the 'Universal Driver' without the ambiguous connection issue.

The Uni-drivers are NOT the Universal Driver. They are standard Windows drivers (unidrv.dll, pscript5.dll) with manufacturer .ppds bound to them for printer specific option control. You don't want these either as the options are not easily accessed for things like Account Codes etc.
    Yeah that's the driver they are using unfortunately. I'll triple check but it definitely had 1109 at the end of the driver version.