Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Flash Based Training Websites

Training is so behind the 8 ball. I think virtually everyone knew flash was being discontinued for the past year. Now it is discontinued and we are looking for "workarounds" I bet the manufacturers were crushed when XP stopped also. I remember when XP first came out and the Laniers couldn't print to the new OS. Lots of upset current customers back then.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Flash Based Training Websites

Re: Flash Based Training Websites

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    Not a big fan of installing EOL browsers or plugins, especially from third-party sites when there are much better options available.

Adobe still offers their developer tool Adobe Flash Projector, which will allow you to view Flash content without using a browser.

You can download the Projector here: Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads

It's a standalone application, just open it, and then Choose open and enter the path of the file or site you're trying to view.

There's also the open source app Ruffle, which is a separate implementation of Flash: Ruffle | Flash Player emulator written in the Rust programming language

Or even a rougher emulator like Lightspark: Lightspark

For just plain swf files, you can play those in something like VLC (there's not much it won't play).

I'm glad I found this post. I have some SWF files that all of a sudden would not open using GOM player. The Flash player projector works nicely.

If that quits working I have Ruffle as a backup.

Thank you