Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Scan and translate paper documents

Re: Scan and translate paper documents

... so I was pitching my new sales feature to a few customers. Everybody responds with one word. "Cool!"

One customer, the Red Cross, gave me a new use example. This organization constantly enlists volunteers. For many of these volunteers, their primary language is not English and multi languages could be involved.

Communication is a real challenge for English only Office Managers. This person would be thrilled to print out an English message, easily translate into anyone of 16 languages of her choice and hand the message to her volunteer.

I told her the translation would most likely not be perfect. She was not concerned because in her mind anything would be better than nothing.

... a good suggestion from a customer today was when in doubt about the accuracy of the translated document, give the recipient(s) both the original document and the translated document.

The translated document may not be perfect but you are off to a good head start in trying to communicate your message.

The global Translation industry is an eye popping $56B industry in 2021 with a value of $22B in the USA in 2018.

Some industries such as Education, in certain markets, are mandated that all communications to their constituents must be in multi-languages.

Xerox intros today their new Cloud based Workplace Centre app for their copiers. For between $10.00-$12.00 per month you get access to many new features including Translation, which retains the original layout of your documents.

https://www.xerox.com/en-us/office/s...rkflow-central

OMR conversion of handwritten documents, written text to audio conversion, Redaction, Summarizing printed documents to less words and MS Office conversions are included.

... I suspect the ability to automatically translate paper documents to/ from Ukrainian will become of much greater importance with so many people displaced by the war in Ukraine.

I did a Google translate on simple English words and phrases into Ukrainian. Wow! It is a different language that I totally do not understand.