Technician

Canon DXC5860i - Scan to email message "Could not send because the memory is full"

Hi All

Have a new Canon DXC5860i, no jobs in memory but when scanning to email I get the following message - "Could not send because the memory is full"

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Duroo
    A+,Network+,Pdi+,Cdia+,MCSE,Konica Minolta Outward Associate

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Canon DXC5860i - Scan to email message "Could not send because the memory is full

could be hard drive not working properly.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Canon DXC5860i - Scan to email message "Could not send because the memory is full"

Re: Canon DXC5860i - Scan to email message "Could not send because the memory is full

Quote Originally Posted by duroo72 View Post
    Hi All

Have a new Canon DXC5860i, no jobs in memory but when scanning to email I get the following message - "Could not send because the memory is full"

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Duroo
    Do you know the message size limit on the email server? If the attachment file size is larger than the imposed limit of the server you will get a memory full indication. I have had this a couple of times in the past and thought as you are that the memory of the machine is full which is not the case, the server is responding that the file exceeds the limit and the machine reports it as memory full. Get with the companies IT and find out what they have set as a limit for attachments. The error message is not really indicative of what is actually occurring.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Do you know the message size limit on the email server? If the attachment file size is larger than the imposed limit of the server you will get a memory full indication. I have had this a couple of times in the past and thought as you are that the memory of the machine is full which is not the case, the server is responding that the file exceeds the limit and the machine reports it as memory full. Get with the companies IT and find out what they have set as a limit for attachments. The error message is not really indicative of what is actually occurring.
    Most email providers today have a 20MB limit, but some might still have a 2MB limit which years ago in the days of dial up internet was the standard. Most MFP also have a setting for maximum send size. The default just might be the 2MB size, in which case if you scan something larger you will get a memory full warning. Once you know the limits of your email provider, set the to that size. If you need to send anything larger, scan to or memory device and use gmail. Attachments to gmail that exceed 20MB are uploaded to your Google drive and sent as a link.

Engineer senior 100+ Posts giogi's Avatar

"Knowledge is a source, but unfortunately ignorance is a sea."

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

Could be corrupt scan job, turn off, unplug machine, plug in and try again.
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications