Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician

Re: MS TLS1.0 and 1.1 deprecation affecting Office 365

Quote Originally Posted by bronco31 View Post
    also here..various office Kyocera unable scan to O365

im hazy on server vs client side..whats the difference.. the Kyo Command Center Guide under Network Security Settings (to turn on/off SSL3 /TLS/ encryption/ has etc) .. theres setting for both server and client side.. client side being the PC side? .. im cornfused
    You could simplistically look at it as Serverside as Incoming (like network fax coming into MFP from a PC) and Clientside as Outgoing (like MFP sending email out thru SMTP). Not a true explanation, but it's the basic idea.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by calebgk View Post
    I just work with Kyocera, so I can't comment on other equipment. But we have been turning off 3DES along with TLS 1.0 and 1.1, as they were listed together in MS's end-of-life announcement from last year. Not sure if it has any bearing on O365 errors listed above.

Note: Network fax driver for Kyocera needs SSL to communicate with MFP, so only turn off SSL3.0, TLS1.0/1.1/3DES on clientside settings, and leave SSL3.0/TLS1.0 enabled on serverside settings, otherwise network fax driver will stop working.
    Would an older series models like a 3500i have all those security options? I think those have the older style web interfaces.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MS TLS1.0 and 1.1 deprecation affecting Office 365

Quote Originally Posted by eescamilla View Post
    Would an older series models like a 3500i have all those security options? I think those have the older style web interfaces.
    No they do not. Microsoft had some push back on this and have enabled a new endpoint on the site that allows legacy devices like the 3500i. This is info I got from the MS O365 website:

To take advantage of this new endpoint, admins will have to:

1. Set the AllowLegacyTLSClients parameter on the Set-TransportConfig cmdlet to True.
    2. Legacy clients and devices will need to be configured to submit using the new endpoint smtp-legacy.office365.com

Hope this helps, I will be trying it tomorrow on a customer's 4500i

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    No they do not. Microsoft had some push back on this and have enabled a new endpoint on the site that allows legacy devices like the 3500i. This is info I got from the MS O365 website:

1. Set the AllowLegacyTLSClients parameter on the Set-TransportConfig cmdlet to True.
    2. Legacy clients and devices will need to be configured to submit using the new endpoint smtp-legacy.office365.com

Please report back on this. I haven't tried the legacy settings yet. This is only supposed to work until Feb, so I encourage my clients to find alternative SMTP now.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Please report back on this. I haven't tried the legacy settings yet. This is only supposed to work until Feb, so I encourage my clients to find alternative SMTP now.
    It is simply a relay server. It receives the incoming emails, adds the necessary protocols and relays the emails on the the Office 365 server cloud. It saves major corporate IT companies from having to setup their own relay services.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Using the legacy settings works just fine, simple fix. I saw nothing on the MS website that said that the legacy endpoint was only good until February.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Using the legacy settings works just fine, simple fix. I saw nothing on the MS website that said that the legacy endpoint was only good until February.
    My understanding is that not using the "Legacy" relay server will end in February. That is how long Microsoft is giving everyone to convert to the Legacy server.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

How to set up a multifunction device or application to send email using Microsoft 365 or Office 365 | Microsoft Docs

Pretty good recent MS doc covering the different options/features/restrictions with links to the relevant 'how-to'.