Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Scan to SMB

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Scan to SMB

Re: Scan to SMB

Quote Originally Posted by PrintWhisperer View Post
    Billy I don't know if we ever established that this was a Kyocera, but I found something which is a possibilty.

You may be crazy, but not in this case

Corrective measures for Broadcast failure when using Send function
    A failure of sending to unintended destinations in broadcast by performing a certain operation while using the send function.
    [Phenomenon/occurrence]
    When closing the job setting screen with [Cancel] key, the setting is retained and it is broadcasted with an unintended destination in the next sending. (Main unit firmware factor)
    (*1) Applicable to broadcast with FAX, Box send, Send to SMB/FTP/E-mail, also same in Accessibility Display
    1. Press [Start] key to send FAX when setting a job for FAX without pressing [OK] key. *
    2. Job setting screen reappears after sending and press [Cancel].
    3. Next destination is set to send with the job setting retained.
    4. Sent with the destination set in above 1.
    *: If pressing [OK] at 1, there is no problem when pressing [Cancel] at 2.
    KDCQA-7638
    2VG-1751
    Where in the world did you find that? I did feel like I was going crazy. I can't remember if I closed the job setting screen with the cancel key but I will check it out next time I'm out that way.

And this is a firmware problem or am I reading that wrong?

PS - Yes, Kyocera 3551ci
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Billy I don't know if we ever established that this was a Kyocera, but I found something which is a possibilty.

You may be crazy, but not in this case

Corrective measures for Broadcast failure when using Send function
    A failure of sending to unintended destinations in broadcast by performing a certain operation while using the send function.
    [Phenomenon/occurrence]
    When closing the job setting screen with [Cancel] key, the setting is retained and it is broadcasted with an unintended destination in the next sending. (Main unit firmware factor)
    (*1) Applicable to broadcast with FAX, Box send, Send to SMB/FTP/E-mail, also same in Accessibility Display
    1. Press [Start] key to send FAX when setting a job for FAX without pressing [OK] key. *
    2. Job setting screen reappears after sending and press [Cancel].
    3. Next destination is set to send with the job setting retained.
    4. Sent with the destination set in above 1.
    *: If pressing [OK] at 1, there is no problem when pressing [Cancel] at 2.
    KDCQA-7638
    2VG-1751
    Reading and understanding bulletins from deeply IT specialized tech imho shows UNICORN. I read and understand what engineer talks about MFPs but usually have no clue what IT guy is asking 🤣
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Rewind! View Post
    There are also "Cloud Based" share drives that could replicate this same issue as there are ulitimately 1 location (i.e google drive, onedrive bussines).

JC
    You should definitely check this if you haven't yet. I didn't see any mention of it earlier in the thread. Make sure you aren't fighting the wrong problem, and just find out they have their scan destination included in a synchronized folder library. Google Drive, Box.com, OneDrive.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Where in the world did you find that? I did feel like I was going crazy. I can't remember if I closed the job setting screen with the cancel key but I will check it out next time I'm out that way.

PS - Yes, Kyocera 3551ci
    Well TBH the bulletin is on the 6053ci series v 2.151 firmware dated 10/2020. That doesn't mean it's not possible on earlier models. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a bug repeated until the generation it is discovered in. Fixes are generally only developed for current production.

There is not documentation showing the problem was reported for '1' series though.

It is a firmware fix on the '3' but I saw no fix for the '1'. If you can repeat the problem that would be interesting.
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Scan to SMB

Well TBH the bulletin is on the 6053ci series v 2.151 firmware dated 10/2020. That doesn't mean it's not possible on earlier models. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a bug repeated until the generation it is discovered in. Fixes are generally only developed for current production.

There is not documentation showing the problem was reported for '1' series though.

It is a firmware fix on the '3' but I saw no fix for the '1'. If you can repeat the problem that would be interesting.

It's very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I still agree with your original statement that there's one session for each PC. No?
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Scan to SMB

PS - Yes, Kyocera 3551ci
    I am certain that most manufacturers have the same time out options that Ricoh does. Unless the customer requested otherwise, I normally set function timeout to 15 seconds, user timeout to 25 seconds and and machine timeout to power saving mode to 35 seconds.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

It's very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I still agree with your original statement that there's one session for each PC. No?
    Yes, it would appear as different sessions. This is especially seen in TLS where multiple email scans to the same server even have separate sessions. Super messy with multiple concurrent sessions.

That’s another can of worms.
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin

Okay, I have 2 computers and 1 Kyocera copier as part of this physical lab. I changed the hostname of PC 2 to the same name as PC 1 and a warning popped up telling me that this was a duplicate hostname but it let me change it anyway.

I then went to my SOHO router and there are 2 entries for the same hostname but with 2 different IP addresses. I scanned a doc. and it did not go to both PCs.

However, at my customer's office I have the same username and password on both PC's and the scan folder is named "scan" on both PC's. Without these being the same on both PC's, it's never gonna scan to both PC's. I'll have to change this also I suppose.
    Under security did you share with everyone or the Scan user you created? Did you create a local user profile on a PC and name it Scan giving yourself Admin rights. Create a folder and name it scan, then go to properties > Security and add your profile as a source, then go to sharing and allow profile full control. I don't see how this can be shared ( without a server or cloud service)unless they have some type of home-sharing nonsense going on. Have you tried using IP instead of name in the network path? Apologies I have not read the entire thread just brain storming. Last thing I am not trying to be insulting , but you are not using SMB Scan_to_file( public ) are you? This will of course share the file out to anyone with access to the shared folder.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J_Arnold View Post
    Under security did you share with everyone or the Scan user you created? Did you create a local user profile on a PC and name it Scan giving yourself Admin rights. Create a folder and name it scan, then go to properties > Security and add your profile as a source, then go to sharing and allow profile full control. I don't see how this can be shared ( without a server or cloud service)unless they have some type of home-sharing nonsense going on. Have you tried using IP instead of name in the network path? Apologies I have not read the entire thread just brain storming. Last thing I am not trying to be insulting , but you are not using SMB Scan_to_file( public ) are you? This will of course share the file out to anyone with access to the shared folder.
    Common brainstorming on multiple pages thread... really?
    Your points are fully qualified but don't you think folks here already suggested all usual stuff plus.
    Please excuse me if this sounds like rough welcoming. And by the way Welcome to the forum
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Common brainstorming on multiple pages thread... really?
    Your points are fully qualified but don't you think folks here already suggested all usual stuff plus.
    Please excuse me if this sounds like rough welcoming. And by the way Welcome to the forum
    Appreciate the welcome, but I have finished reading and it sounds like I wasn't far off. And No... I see a lot of over thinking being done. Plus what do you care what the hell I do, or my process by which I do it * shake my f*cking head* , I wasn't answering your question, but thanks....

Billy if I offended you by assuming and jumping ahead my apologies sir! Unless they have a network guy and a server and he has been messing around this is a small network or a copier issue...KISS