Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    PDF will not print any pages from my Android phone other than the first

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    5,747
    Rep Power
    165

    PDF will not print any pages from my Android phone other than the first

    1. If I print a PDF from my computer using Toshiba’s print driver via network cable all three pages print no problem.
    2. If I save the PDF to my Android phone and I try and print the PDF wirelessly via Toshiba mobile app, three pages come out but only the first page image prints.
    3. If I examine the properties of the PDF, I can see nothing unusual.
    4. If I try to print via free Mopira Print from Android, again, three sheets of paper exit the copier but only the first page has a printed image.
    5. Other PDFs printed from my Android phone print no problem.
    6. I have selected ALL pages to print in the mobile print driver.


    Any ideas?

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,587
    Rep Power
    109

    Re: PDF will not print any pages from my Android phone other than the first

    Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    1. If I print a PDF from my computer using Toshiba’s print driver via network cable all three pages print no problem.
    2. If I save the PDF to my Android phone and I try and print the PDF wirelessly via Toshiba mobile app, three pages come out but only the first page image prints.
    3. If I examine the properties of the PDF, I can see nothing unusual.
    4. If I try to print via free Mopira Print from Android, again, three sheets of paper exit the copier but only the first page has a printed image.
    5. Other PDFs printed from my Android phone print no problem.
    6. I have selected ALL pages to print in the mobile print driver.


    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    I know you're a Toshiba guy, but try a different app.

    There are a number of free ones to choose from; I think Hammermill makes one. (Yes, I know they are a paper company.)

    I used that once on my Android to print to an HP while staying in a rental house on vacation. (We needed to print discount coupons for some tourist attractions. )
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

  3. #3
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    PDF will not print any pages from my Android phone other than the first

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    5,747
    Rep Power
    165

    Re: PDF will not print any pages from my Android phone other than the first

    Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    I know you're a Toshiba guy, but try a different app.

    There are a number of free ones to choose from; I think Hammermill makes one. (Yes, I know they are a paper company.)

    I used that once on my Android to print to an HP while staying in a rental house on vacation. (We needed to print discount coupons for some tourist attractions. )
    I installed the Hammermill app on my Android but it wanted me to pay for the app so I declined.

    I used your idea and installed a few other Android apps and they either made my phone work wonky or wanted money.

    Some Google searching found a few instances of the same elsewhere but all references were related to printing from a PC.

    This customer, a transport warehouse has no PCs. All employees print from their mobile devices.

    Thanks,
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 11-17-2021 at 03:18 PM.

  4. #4
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsyltucky
    Posts
    2,257
    Rep Power
    83

    Re: PDF will not print any pages from my Android phone other than the first

    The only reliable printing app I've been able to find for Android has been PrintHand: it's the same general engine as the old Hammermill app (which is no longer free since Hammermill has stopped paying to support it). It's a little pricey, but it has been able to support my office Ricoh equipment and a few random HP systems. It also allows you to connect to a Windows print server as well.

    The only question I'd have is whether the customers are printing from personal devices or company owned devices. If the latter, is there some kind of MDM in place where they could purchase the app in bulk and distribute it to the appropriate users?

  5. #5
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,587
    Rep Power
    109

    Re: PDF will not print any pages from my Android phone other than the first

    Time to look at how the PDF was created, then.

    There's obviously something hoaky about how the images are being embedded.

    Not all PDFs are created equally. Some are much more print friendly than others.
    Last edited by KenB; 11-17-2021 at 05:29 PM.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

  6. #6
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    PDF will not print any pages from my Android phone other than the first

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    5,747
    Rep Power
    165

    Re: PDF will not print any pages from my Android phone other than the first

    Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    The only reliable printing app I've been able to find for Android has been PrintHand: it's the same general engine as the old Hammermill app (which is no longer free since Hammermill has stopped paying to support it). It's a little pricey, but it has been able to support my office Ricoh equipment and a few random HP systems. It also allows you to connect to a Windows print server as well.

    The only question I'd have is whether the customers are printing from personal devices or company owned devices. If the latter, is there some kind of MDM in place where they could purchase the app in bulk and distribute it to the appropriate users?
    The employees are all using personal devices. $23.00 USD for a one time purchase on a maybe.

    I will inform the customer and let them decide.

    All of my Google searches conclude that if if does not work easily from your mobile device you will have to print from a PC.

    I think my customer knows that sooner or later they have to get a PC in their place of business.

    Thanks,

  7. #7
    Indentured Servant 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,129
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: PDF will not print any pages from my Android phone other than the first

    What happens if you send the PDF as an email attachment to the Toshiba?

    I'm not familiar with Toshiba but there should be an email print feature.

    Maybe update or factory reset the app specifically for PDF's on the phone?

  8. #8
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    PDF will not print any pages from my Android phone other than the first

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    5,747
    Rep Power
    165

    Re: PDF will not print any pages from my Android phone other than the first

    Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    What happens if you send the PDF as an email attachment to the Toshiba?

    I'm not familiar with Toshiba but there should be an email print feature.

    Maybe update or factory reset the app specifically for PDF's on the phone?
    ... this is an older Toshiba that the customer got for cheap on a flaky network that I cannot get scan to email to work.

    I have a current model Toshiba and it still cannot print the entire PDF.

    When I examine the PDF's properties it was produced from Oracle BI Publisher from within a large regional transport carrier who employs an IT team.

    When this customer receives PDFs from other carriers they can print the entire document no problem.

    I have spent enough researching this for the customer and recommended they buy a PC. Thanks for your suggestion.

    This is now the 2nd, 3rd time that I have encountered workgroups with a copier that entirely work wirelessly from their mobile devices.

  9. #9
    The Wolf 1,000+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    2,164
    Rep Power
    86

    Re: PDF will not print any pages from my Android phone other than the first

    Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    ... this is an older Toshiba that the customer got for cheap on a flaky network that I cannot get scan to email to work.

    I have a current model Toshiba and it still cannot print the entire PDF.

    When I examine the PDF's properties it was produced from Oracle BI Publisher from within a large regional transport carrier who employs an IT team.

    When this customer receives PDFs from other carriers they can print the entire document no problem.

    I have spent enough researching this for the customer and recommended they buy a PC. Thanks for your suggestion.

    This is now the 2nd, 3rd time that I have encountered workgroups with a copier that entirely work wirelessly from their mobile devices.
    If its an older Toshiba, you may have a font issue if dealing with text.
    Toshibas printing app can be flaky. I had one a few month back, similar scenario, only uses phones for everything. When she printed a doc from PC, worked great. Same doc from phone app, it rendered the document with markup flags across the entire document. You are at the mercy of the app at that point.
    If both apps (Toshiba & Mopria) render the same result, its most likely the file itself.
    You could also find an iPhone to test on.....


    Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

  10. #10
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    PDF will not print any pages from my Android phone other than the first

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    5,747
    Rep Power
    165

    Re: PDF will not print any pages from my Android phone other than the first

    Quote Originally Posted by mojorolla View Post
    If its an older Toshiba, you may have a font issue if dealing with text.
    Toshibas printing app can be flaky. I had one a few month back, similar scenario, only uses phones for everything. When she printed a doc from PC, worked great. Same doc from phone app, it rendered the document with markup flags across the entire document. You are at the mercy of the app at that point.
    If both apps (Toshiba & Mopria) render the same result, its most likely the file itself.
    You could also find an iPhone to test on.....


    1. I have the same issue on a current Toshiba copier with the latest firmware.
    2. The customer uses all Android phones.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here