Thread: 365

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

I've set up 365 on several KM devices, haven't done anything different from what I usually do, every single time when I enter the 365 account credentials, that the customer gives me I get error "535" authentication error, when I input my 365 credentials, it works every time, if the customer logs into their 365 account, with the credentials provided, it works. I'm wondering if they need SMTP Authentication activated on their account. Anyone else getting this repeated problem, it seems strange that I'm getting this problem all of a sudden.
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Technician

Re: 365

No answer, but am experiencing this more frequently. Using Kyocera equipment, new O365 account, got admin to check SMTP Auth on that account, no 2FA enabled. Still not working. I've had about 3 different clients experience the same thing, everything looks fine on the account, but it just won't authenticate. I'll chime in again if I find a definitive answer.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Re: 365

Had one this morning my 365 account worked, customers didn't, contacted their IT, they'd forgotten to turn on SMTP authentication, it worked after that. Spoke to my head of IT this morning too, it's very rare to tie him down, apparently MS have changed things, SMTP Authentication now has to be turned on for 365 accounts, it's not automatic.
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Retired 10,000+ Posts