Technician

Printing v microsoft security updates

Hello, sorry to bring this subject up again(same subject on another thread), but when I try to uninstall KB5007186 it populates a previous update (KB5006670) and on uninstalling this brings up an error saying that the previous KB did not uninstall correctly.
    It is as though the two KB updates are inter linked.
    Has any one had success with the new KB5007253?
    The University where I work for Kyocera are having so many complaints about this printing issue, users who have unmanaged laptops are mainly effected as the updates are just automatically done.
    I have yet to see if the latest KB5007253 has any effect, any one had this and if so did you find a fix?
    Currenty web print is being used, but this is not great as it has limited functionality.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Printing v microsoft security updates

Windows updates are now cumulative so the current update contains all of the fixes introduced in previous updates. Even if you remove updates, some of the system files either in the OS or the component store may still be newer than the files in the older update.

By web printing, do you mean IPP? There are some known issues with that and several updates. If you do a search for the specific KB, the Microsoft entry for it will also list any issues found with the patch, as well as any workarounds or later updates that resolve the issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    Windows updates are now cumulative so the current update contains all of the fixes introduced in previous updates. Even if you remove updates, some of the system files either in the OS or the component store may still be newer than the files in the older update.

By web printing, do you mean IPP? There are some known issues with that and several updates. If you do a search for the specific KB, the Microsoft entry for it will also list any issues found with the patch, as well as any workarounds or later updates that resolve the issue.

Many thanks for the update.

Technician

Has anyone updated the Microsoft security updates with December patch released this week?
    KB5006670 was causing network printing not to work.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chester View Post
    Has anyone updated the Microsoft security updates with December patch released this week?
    KB5006670 was causing network printing not to work.
    So far no issues with printing with any test machines.

KB5006670 from October had all noted printing issues resolved with either a delta update released at the end of October or with the November cumulative update that replaced it.

October 12, 2021—KB5006670 (OS Builds 19041.1288, 19042.1288, and 19043.1288)

November and December also show no print issues among their known issues.