Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts PrintWhisperer's Avatar

Re: HEIF and HEIC Terrible print quality (On Kyocera Products)

Yeah I have this problem with getting images out of the work provided iPhone (and here is yet another reason I would never choose one).

You have to insert them into the email rather than including it as an attachment. Then the recipient can 'Save image/picture as' and choose .jpg
    "Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn" - Benjamin Franklin

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

Converting to JPG works.

Still wonder if any other brands have this issue? Seems like something that should have been addressed by firmware by now given this file format has been out for 4 years or so. Unless, in true Apple style, they've tweaked their proprietary file format over the years to be more better on their hardware and less compatible with others.

Thanks again everyone!

Too old to care 50+ Posts
    HEIF and HEIC Terrible print quality (On Kyocera Products)

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    And why did you post this problem in the Connectivity forum where only those interested in connectivity check posts instead of one of the Kyocera Technical threads where all the Kyo techs would be able to see it and help you?

Have you considered the fact that most laser printers use CMYK (Cyan Magenta Yellow Black) pigments to print and most computer screens are RGB (Red Green Blue) light emission. Computer screens are not affected by ambient light whereas printed documents are. They are also affected by the quality, colour and type of paper.
    When did the laws of light change? I don't remember getting that notification...

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThisPete View Post
    When did the laws of light change? I don't remember getting that notification...
    OK idiot. Reflected and emitted light do not follow the same parts of "Laws of light." The printed page is light reflective therefore the color of the ambient light affects the colors on a printed page. Most video displays are light emitting and therefore, other than glare, are not affected by ambient light. In fact some video devices have sensors to detect the level of ambient light and auto adjust the display brightness to help reduce eye strain. Now what else about physics do you need to educated on.

Too old to care 50+ Posts

OK idiot. Reflected and emitted light do not follow the same parts of "Laws of light." The printed page is light reflective therefore the color of the ambient light affects the colors on a printed page. Most video displays are light emitting and therefore, other than glare, are not affected by ambient light. In fact some video devices have sensors to detect the level of ambient light and auto adjust the display brightness to help reduce eye strain. Now what else about physics do you need to educated on.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

All of physics... start at step one... he's a liberal ya know.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

I'm not really into MacOS but I recall that the "preview" app is a terrible choice for printing PDFs - perhaps it's also not the best choiche for printing images so you might take a look for a dedicated image viewer app - something like "irfan view" I use with windows since many years. I found a tool named "XnView MP" via google wich also offers a MacOs release.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I have several funeral homes as customers and I know that they get pictures from many different sources that need to be printed.

I have not run into this specific problem but thanks for the troubleshooting tips.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Smile Re: HEIF and HEIC Terrible print quality (On Kyocera Products)

Irfanview is a free program and easy to use, even for customers.
    1. download Irfanview for your device
    2. download the complete plugin package for your device and version
    3. after install open heif file and save as (.jpeg, .jpg, .gif, .png) pick your version
    4. send to printer.

PS. Hey Slimslob, is that pedantic enough or should I break it down more? Its been a while since I have had to deal with a customer. I don't know if they have gotten better or worse, or possibly hopeless.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Smile Re: HEIF and HEIC Terrible print quality (On Kyocera Products)

Irfanview is a free program and easy to use, even for customers.
    1. download Irfanview for your device
    2. download the complete plugin package for your device and version
    3. after install open heif file and save as (.jpeg, .jpg, .gif, .png) pick your format
    4. send to printer.

PS. Hey Slimslob, is that pedantic enough or should I break it down more? Its been a while since I have had to deal with a customer. I don't knkow if they have gotten better or worse, or possibly hopeless.