Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Will 5G disrupt air traffic

I saw a report on this on my local evening news so looked it up on Yahoo. Here is what I found from Frobes. Other articles were listed but I will let you do your own further research.

5G Rollout Could Disrupt Domestic Air Travel Within Weeks

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Will 5G disrupt air traffic

I'm not going to put much faith in an article that can't even clearly present its argument. 5G has been deployed as a production service for all US carriers since at least 2019. All that's coming online next year are the mid-band towers, which are the same frequencies that have been in use 40 countries around the world for the same service with no ill effects on air travel, as well as also being in use by cellular service providers before being re-farmed to 5G use.

Here's a more detailed article on the same topic:
    FAA forced delay in 5G rollout despite having no proof of harm to aviation | Ars Technica

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

It seems that the airline industry is now demanding that Freddy's Candy Company AKA the FCC delay roll out of 5G. Airline industry demanding FCC delay of 5G rollout

The trade group Airlines for America concern is that 5G may interfere with the accuracy of radio altimeters. After doing some searching, the only place where there is a possible interference is the Ka band (35 GHz) which is right in the middle of 24Ghz to 47Ghz frequency range used for high-band 5G.

Looking at what US carriers are using it appears that there currently will not be any interference.
    T-Mobile is stay in the low and mid band range offering 600Mhz, 800Mhz, 1.9Ghz and 2.5Ghz
    Verizon intends to use high band frequencies of 28Ghz and 39Ghz which are outside the Ka band
    AT&T say they will use millimeter wave spectrum which most likely means high-band for dense areas and mid and low band for rural and suburban areas
    All the FCC needs to do is allocate high band frequencies that will not interfere in the Ka band. Now the question becomes 'do the bureaucrats at the FCC know how to determine what doesn't interfere?'

5G - Wikipedia

5.1.3 Frequencies used & their impacts – Radar Altimetry Tutorial and Toolbox

5G Spectrum and Frequencies: Everything You Need to Know

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I saw a report on this on my local evening news so looked it up on Yahoo. Here is what I found from Frobes. Other articles were listed but I will let you do your own further research.

5G Rollout Could Disrupt Domestic Air Travel Within Weeks

We have been rolling out 5G all over the UK, currently only in main city's. London for example, all around the airports, I would imagine they did their research before installing the 5G masts.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk