Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsyltucky
    Posts
    2,472
    Rep Power
    93

    Re: Gmail for SMTP - It finaaly happened

    Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post
    If I had a nickel for everyone of those like your picture, let's face it, the Kardashian's would be begging to date me. People are so stupid.
    I see so many freaking people with tabs like that who get so paranoid if you even look to close one. I mean: bookmark the page or clip the contents into something like OneNote and be done with it.

    Granted, these are the people who also request a higher spec machine because they claim their current standard spec machine is too slow. Well, any machine would be with that many tabs open in Chrome!

    Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Gmail for SMTP - It finaaly happened

    Rewind!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Gmail for SMTP - It finaaly happened

    Workspace has worked well for us since we transitioned over to google services. I beleive we have only had 1 day of failure since transition (2ish years). I can confirm that there are sending limits that expand based on the number of users on your account. These are paid services offered from google, not free ($6/user). We have our own domain hosted through workspace and generate machine dedicated services for our rental fleet, not equipment sold. If you could only guess how many times this past week I received the "Why should I have to pay for a service that was working for free before" argument from clients , smh. I mean, its the cost of doing business, if you want to scan to email, pay for the service.

    JC

  3. #13
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Gmail for SMTP - It finaaly happened

    slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    22,890
    Rep Power
    662

    Re: Gmail for SMTP - It finaaly happened

    Quote Originally Posted by Rewind! View Post
    If you could only guess how many times this past week I received the "Why should I have to pay for a service that was working for free before" argument from clients , smh. I mean, its the cost of doing business, if you want to scan to email, pay for the service.

    JC
    I would bet that they have been paying for an ISP that actually includes 10 email addresses that they apparently have not been using. If they had been using the email from their ISP there would be no problem now.

  4. #14
    IT Manager 10,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Billy Putin
    Posts
    16,372
    Rep Power
    221

    Re: Gmail for SMTP - It finaaly happened

    Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The sales solution is to recommend the Tech Service Dept invoice one hour of labour for their effort. Scan to email did not stop working because of some fault within the copier. It stopped working because of a policy change made by Google.

    Should any customer complain after they receive their invoice, the sales person can reverse the charge.

    The upside is you will get more revenue and there will likely be few calls complaining about the invoice.
    Its been great billable service calls all week thanks Google

  5. #15
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsyltucky
    Posts
    2,472
    Rep Power
    93

    Re: Gmail for SMTP - It finaaly happened

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Damon View Post
    Spades is a popular card game, and you can play it online for free on our site. No download is required. Have fun!
    The only game you spammers should play is running in traffic.



    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    488
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Gmail for SMTP - It finaaly happened

    Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    The only game you spammers should play is running in traffic.



    Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

    Let's not forget my favorite spammer game of playing hot potato with hand grenades.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........


    Especially when it comes to sex

  7. #17
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Gmail for SMTP - It finaaly happened

    Samanator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Katy, Texs
    Posts
    241
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Gmail for SMTP - It finaaly happened

    A successful way I have been able to explain to a customer why scan to email is their responsibly is a compression to fax. I begin by getting them to agree that if or when the customer buys a fax machine or fax option from us, who is responsible for acquiring a dedicated phone line for the fax? The company that sold the device or the company buying the device? Nighty-five percent of the time the customer admits the buyer is responsible for getting the dedicated phone line for the fax. I then point out that a dedicated email account from the customer is required for the device to scan to email. W cannot provide that email account for the customers device. We can help install that account’s settings into the machine or help their IT people at point of device install.

    Like I said, this is a way I try to help the customer understand why scan to email is their responsibility, not the machine's, not our company.

  8. #18
    Technician
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Genoa
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Gmail for SMTP - It finaaly happened

    Perfect comparison !! compliments.
    5% of the hard heads remain, but we will convince them too!

  9. #19
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Gmail for SMTP - It finaaly happened

    slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    22,890
    Rep Power
    662

    Re: Gmail for SMTP - It finaaly happened

    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    A successful way I have been able to explain to a customer why scan to email is their responsibly is a compression to fax. I begin by getting them to agree that if or when the customer buys a fax machine or fax option from us, who is responsible for acquiring a dedicated phone line for the fax? The company that sold the device or the company buying the device? Nighty-five percent of the time the customer admits the buyer is responsible for getting the dedicated phone line for the fax. I then point out that a dedicated email account from the customer is required for the device to scan to email. W cannot provide that email account for the customers device. We can help install that account’s settings into the machine or help their IT people at point of device install.

    Like I said, this is a way I try to help the customer understand why scan to email is their responsibility, not the machine's, not our company.
    Not only that but it usually is the customer or their IT service who is providing the internet access. The ISP most likely has provided at least one email address, needed by the customer to login to the ISP to make payments. They also included 5 to 10 additional accounts at no charge. That should be enough for most small businesses. Most also offer domain hosting that includes your own @domain email.

  10. #20
    The Wolf 1,000+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    2,348
    Rep Power
    104

    Re: Gmail for SMTP - It finaaly happened

    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    A successful way I have been able to explain to a customer why scan to email is their responsibly is a compression to fax. I begin by getting them to agree that if or when the customer buys a fax machine or fax option from us, who is responsible for acquiring a dedicated phone line for the fax? The company that sold the device or the company buying the device? Nighty-five percent of the time the customer admits the buyer is responsible for getting the dedicated phone line for the fax. I then point out that a dedicated email account from the customer is required for the device to scan to email. W cannot provide that email account for the customers device. We can help install that account’s settings into the machine or help their IT people at point of device install.

    Like I said, this is a way I try to help the customer understand why scan to email is their responsibility, not the machine's, not our company.
    This is also true for printing with files that contain custom sizes, paper types, etc... that cause the machine to ask for resources. Some customers think that their print files are somehow our responsibility. Happy to help but when the issue is your file, it's the file that needs to be addressed, not the machine.
    When you buy a car, it doesn't come with free driving lessons, they assume you know how to drive.


    Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here