Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Gmail for SMTP - It finaaly happened

Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post
    If I had a nickel for everyone of those like your picture, let's face it, the Kardashian's would be begging to date me. People are so stupid.
    I see so many freaking people with tabs like that who get so paranoid if you even look to close one. I mean: bookmark the page or clip the contents into something like OneNote and be done with it.

Granted, these are the people who also request a higher spec machine because they claim their current standard spec machine is too slow. Well, any machine would be with that many tabs open in Chrome!

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Gmail for SMTP - It finaaly happened

Workspace has worked well for us since we transitioned over to google services. I beleive we have only had 1 day of failure since transition (2ish years). I can confirm that there are sending limits that expand based on the number of users on your account. These are paid services offered from google, not free ($6/user). We have our own domain hosted through workspace and generate machine dedicated services for our rental fleet, not equipment sold. If you could only guess how many times this past week I received the "Why should I have to pay for a service that was working for free before" argument from clients , smh. I mean, its the cost of doing business, if you want to scan to email, pay for the service.

JC

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rewind! View Post
    If you could only guess how many times this past week I received the "Why should I have to pay for a service that was working for free before" argument from clients , smh. I mean, its the cost of doing business, if you want to scan to email, pay for the service.

JC
    I would bet that they have been paying for an ISP that actually includes 10 email addresses that they apparently have not been using. If they had been using the email from their ISP there would be no problem now.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The sales solution is to recommend the Tech Service Dept invoice one hour of labour for their effort. Scan to email did not stop working because of some fault within the copier. It stopped working because of a policy change made by Google.

Should any customer complain after they receive their invoice, the sales person can reverse the charge.

The upside is you will get more revenue and there will likely be few calls complaining about the invoice.
    Its been great billable service calls all week thanks Google

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Damon View Post
    Spades is a popular card game, and you can play it online for free on our site. No download is required. Have fun!
    The only game you spammers should play is running in traffic.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    The only game you spammers should play is running in traffic.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Let's not forget my favorite spammer game of playing hot potato with hand grenades.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

A successful way I have been able to explain to a customer why scan to email is their responsibly is a compression to fax. I begin by getting them to agree that if or when the customer buys a fax machine or fax option from us, who is responsible for acquiring a dedicated phone line for the fax? The company that sold the device or the company buying the device? Nighty-five percent of the time the customer admits the buyer is responsible for getting the dedicated phone line for the fax. I then point out that a dedicated email account from the customer is required for the device to scan to email. W cannot provide that email account for the customers device. We can help install that account’s settings into the machine or help their IT people at point of device install.

Like I said, this is a way I try to help the customer understand why scan to email is their responsibility, not the machine's, not our company.

Technician

Perfect comparison !! compliments.
    5% of the hard heads remain, but we will convince them too!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    A successful way I have been able to explain to a customer why scan to email is their responsibly is a compression to fax. I begin by getting them to agree that if or when the customer buys a fax machine or fax option from us, who is responsible for acquiring a dedicated phone line for the fax? The company that sold the device or the company buying the device? Nighty-five percent of the time the customer admits the buyer is responsible for getting the dedicated phone line for the fax. I then point out that a dedicated email account from the customer is required for the device to scan to email. W cannot provide that email account for the customers device. We can help install that account’s settings into the machine or help their IT people at point of device install.

Like I said, this is a way I try to help the customer understand why scan to email is their responsibility, not the machine's, not our company.
    Not only that but it usually is the customer or their IT service who is providing the internet access. The ISP most likely has provided at least one email address, needed by the customer to login to the ISP to make payments. They also included 5 to 10 additional accounts at no charge. That should be enough for most small businesses. Most also offer domain hosting that includes your own @domain email.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post

This is also true for printing with files that contain custom sizes, paper types, etc... that cause the machine to ask for resources. Some customers think that their print files are somehow our responsibility. Happy to help but when the issue is your file, it's the file that needs to be addressed, not the machine.
    When you buy a car, it doesn't come with free driving lessons, they assume you know how to drive.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!