Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    HP Elitebook 8730w, pinout

Trying to pimp this very old but very solid notebook, HP Elitebook 8730w with a LED backlight. The old CCFL became very dim, and I could find a new tube for it, but......, since I'm never satisfied with simple solutions, it must be a LED-stripe which I got already from China man.

The problem is that the driver board of China man's LED-stripe has four connections, GND, VCC, Enable and Adjust. That's clear, but the HP has six connectors without any labeling. I did found out (easy) what is GND and VCC, but the other four connections I'm unsure since the HP CCFL converter board has also an ambient light photo sensor incorporated.

Don't want to trash again a motherboard, which has happened before with another notebook with the same scenario , so a pin out of the backlight connector of the HP Elitebook 8730w would be fine. Any help please?

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: HP Elitebook 8730w, pinout

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Trying to pimp this very old but very solid notebook, HP Elitebook 8730w with a LED backlight. The old CCFL became very dim, and I could find a new tube for it, but......, since I'm never satisfied with simple solutions, it must be a LED-stripe which I got already from China man.

The problem is that the driver board of China man's LED-stripe has four connections, GND, VCC, Enable and Adjust. That's clear, but the HP has six connectors without any labeling. I did found out (easy) what is GND and VCC, but the other four connections I'm unsure since the HP CCFL converter board has also an ambient light photo sensor incorporated.

Don't want to trash again a motherboard, which has happened before with another notebook with the same scenario , so a pin out of the backlight connector of the HP Elitebook 8730w would be fine. Any help please?

Hans
    Turn on the notebook, activate the ambient light sensor in settings. Measure the Voltage coming out of the pins. Then deactivate it and Measure again. The ones without Voltage now should be from the sensor, i'd guess the last ones if the whole thing looks like this:

:::