Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    OSX Ventura print driver install

Re: OSX Ventura print driver install

... most of my customers are SMB businesses, not enterprise class. It is very common to encounter OSX computers and it is not uncommon to have professional services business that use 100% Macs connected to a single copier that i have to support.

A high % of university graduates use Macs and expect to continue to so once they get a job.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post

A high % of university graduates use Macs and expect to continue to so once they get a job.

Do they put that on their resume as a requirement? I think most graduates will be happy if they find a good paying job regardless of whether their employers are using a Mac. In any event, that would certainly narrow their job market.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

... most of my customers are SMB businesses, not enterprise class. It is very common to encounter OSX computers and it is not uncommon to have professional services business that use 100% Macs connected to a single copier that i have to support.

Apple did well little grasshopper to give free computers to schools many years ago.

The real challenge is going to be how you install a print driver remotely in OSX Ventura.

I expect most new iOS computers sold will come pre-installed with Ventura.

The Ventura control panel has changed significantly from previous OSX versions.

Obviously, you cannot use free Windows Quick Assist.

With OSX Monterey, the user had to make two or three temporary security changes to their computer before you could log in remotely with TeamViewer. You need to update TeamViewer to the latest V15.35 or later.
    Yes making the security changes is common on a remote connect. So far it has not been an issue and user has made the changes.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

The biggest issue between MacOS and Windows now is the underlying concept that underpins them. MacOS is built with the idea of a single user, standalone environment in mind: each machine is its own silo. Windows is built with the concept of distributed management where an individual can manage and configure multiple machines through built-in native tools.

All of the management systems for Mac, like JAMF, are third-party tools entirely at the whim of Apple. There have been plenty of changes made from one OS version to the next that have broken device management systems by changing what controls specific portions of an application, or changing the underlying framework entirely. Any Professional version of Windows has built into it everything you would need to remotely manage and configure the device because it's built with the idea of network accounts from the start.

The final aspect is in terms of stability. With a new operating system released every year, Apple makes some rather drastic changes, which is possible because of the small user base. Windows still has functions in it from the 1990's or even earlier because of a fear of breaking business applications. In the regular support timeframe for a single edition of Windows (ten years), ten versions of MacOS would have been released as opposed to one additional for Windows, which releases a new client OS about every five years.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk