Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Arrow add printer driver looping

Hi,

hi have you guys ever encountered,
    when you wanna add a printer driver for a network printer for window 11 professional,
    then when it comes to select the printer driver and click next.
    it just wont jump to the next screen to install the printer driver instead it stuck there on a loop.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    add printer driver looping

Re: add printer driver looping

Are you trying to let Windows install the printer automatically? I always select Add Manually. That makes sure that Windows does not try to add device using the WMD port. If the printer comes with an install disk, always start the install program before you connect and turn on the device. The program will tell you when to do so.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by aviso66 View Post
    Hi,

when you wanna add a
    printerscrew driver for a network printer for window 11 professional,
    it just wont jump to the next screen to install the printer driver instead it stuck there on a loop
    Hello. Seem to be in an endless loop. Applies to installation CD and new drivers downloaded from 123. The basic installation reaches a point of connecting to a new printer. This is on a wired (home) network with a single segment on the IP4192.168.0.xxx range a DHCP server is the same as the gateway. The "Network check" finds the printer quickly listed with Model name, IP and MAC address. Highlighted the "Next button selected" and this leads to an Unsuccessful Network Installation" - Retry loop. The Search Solution dialoge leads back to the same position. HP Scan and Print Doctor again finds the product and goes through an uninstall / restart / reinstall. It suggest taht I should check that the Services "Function Discovery Provider Host" and "Function Discovery Resource Publication" should be present. They are not (Local - Extended Tab). Any ideas?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by catherinemarms View Post
    Hello. Seem to be in an endless loop. Applies to installation CD and new drivers downloaded from 123. The basic installation reaches a point of connecting to a new printer. This is on a wired (home) network with a single segment on the IP4192.168.0.xxx range a DHCP server is the same as the gateway. The "Network check" finds the printer quickly listed with Model name, IP and MAC address. Highlighted the "Next button selected" and this leads to an Unsuccessful Network Installation" - Retry loop. The Search Solution dialoge leads back to the same position. HP Scan and Print Doctor again finds the product and goes through an uninstall / restart / reinstall. It suggest taht I should check that the Services "Function Discovery Provider Host" and "Function Discovery Resource Publication" should be present. They are not (Local - Extended Tab). Any ideas?
    no reponse tothis

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by catherinemarms View Post
    If you are letting Windows printer install find the printer, you find let it go too far. You have to click Printer not found and then select Add printer manually. Either that or run the setup program on the CD or you can extract the downloaded driver, find the OEMSETUP.INFfile, right click on in and select install after which will add the printer to the available printers that Windows will automatically recognize and install.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aviso66 View Post
    Hi,

when you wanna add a printer driver for a network printer for window 11 professional,
    it just wont jump to the next screen to install the printer driver instead it stuck there on a loop.
    Set the Ricoh on DHCP then use the Ricoh auto driver installer works every time.

Unzip the driver then run 'RV_SETUP'

IM C4500/C6000 Downloads | Ricoh Global
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Set the Ricoh on DHCP then use the Ricoh auto driver installer works every time.

Unzip the driver then run 'RV_SETUP'

IM C4500/C6000 Downloads | Ricoh Global
    I don't see an "auto driver installer" under Printer Driver on that page. Are maybe referring to the Device Software Manager that is located under Utility?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I don't see an "auto driver installer" under Printer Driver on that page. Are maybe referring to the Device Software Manager that is located under Utility?
    I see that you are correct, interesting this Device Software Manager will simplify a lot install.
    I don't service Ricoh devices but reading here your posts and guys doing Ricoh have great respect for that brand, seems they are up to par with KM which I service most.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I see that you are correct, interesting this Device Software Manager will simplify a lot install.
    I don't service Ricoh devices but reading here your posts and guys doing Ricoh have great respect for that brand, seems they are up to par with KM which I service most.
    KM used to be 2 separate companies. Decades ago the company I worked for used to sell relabeled Minolta, can't remember for sure what the brand was. Good stable machines once you learned a couple of idiosyncrasies of the paper feed system. Konica on the other hand we called the plastic fantastic. To try to reduce gear noise the had a lot of plastic and nylon gears. Had to replace a lot of broken and stripped gears.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post

When you run RV_SETUP is scans the network & displays all currently connected Ricoh devices. I call that auto driver installer rather than manually installing the driver using 'have disk' option etc.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk