Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Asus laptop reinstall windows 10

Re: Asus laptop reinstall windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Yep and there's a lot of crap printers that are sold to consumers. Especially the inkjet variety. I try to educate these folks but I've found most of the time they're just interested in buying something that's cheap.
    I had an account at one time who was a bankruptcy attorney. I worked on his phone system, Gestetner/Lanier/Ricoh mfps and had installed a Novel network. He was also a licensed wholesaler for Lexmark inkjets printers. He could get a new printer for less than a set of replacement ink cartridges, so had a number of new ones waiting for when one needed ink. Donated the old ones to charities.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I agree, Driver Easy is one of the online driver site that I tended to avoid in the past. Maybe they no longer require you to download their app. Nor do I trust site that offer drivers in Win RAR format.
    I've used IObit to update drivers for quite some time before we started selling the same hardware over and over so i just had to update 1 usb drive with all drivers to install

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCarpenter View Post
    Yep and there's a lot of crap printers that are sold to consumers. Especially the inkjet variety. I try to educate these folks but I've found most of the time they're just interested in buying something that's cheap.
    I've had a bet running with multiple peoples that they will pay more in 5 years for their inkjets than they would for one konica printer. I've won every single one of them bets and earned myself 7 beers and 7 new customers in print business that way

Just curious with the Asus. Couldn't you just do a windows reset? I thought it is built into any W10 computer, or was this an upgrade to W10?

Give your PC a Fresh Start - Microsoft Support
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tonerhead View Post
    Just curious with the Asus. Couldn't you just do a windows reset? I thought it is built into any W10 computer, or was this an upgrade to W10?

Give your PC a Fresh Start - Microsoft Support
    I'm also surprised that Asus doesn't have an application available that will install the drivers. Then again, that may just be a business class machine thing like Dell Command Update or Lenovo Commercial Vantage that these garbage machines never get a chance to see. There probably also hasn't been an update for any driver or BIOS since that machine left the factory.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    I'm also surprised that Asus doesn't have an application available that will install the drivers. Then again, that may just be a business class machine thing like Dell Command Update or Lenovo Commercial Vantage that these garbage machines never get a chance to see. There probably also hasn't been an update for any driver or BIOS since that machine left the factory.
    My Acer laptop running that came with Windows 11 Home has a 100MB EFI system partition and a 1.0 GB recovery partition on the SSD.