Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Remote printing to a copier

Yes that is correct. You have to use the paid version of Anydesk that allows you unattended remote access. There will be a computer at location A that is networked to the copier using the Toshiba Universal print driver 2. Go to the driver printer properties / select Advanced Tab / Bottom left you select Printer Defaults / top of graphics select Normal print drop box and change to Private Print / to the right is a box with 3 dots select it and enter password / Apply. In Printer Preferences leave the selection on Normal Print. Computer at location B Open Anydesk App and click the horizontal lines at top right corner and go to settings. On left side select Printer and under Outgoing Print Jobs click Install Anydesk Printer / Printer will install. Now when remotely connected if you if you print using the Anydesk Print Driver the print job will go to the copier and store on HDD. On the copier select the Print Key and you will see the Private Print Jobs / Select User / press ok / box will pop up for the password / enter password / ok / select job and print.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Remote printing to a copier

Email Printing, is it possible for you to do?

Otherwise, there is a free software called PrinterShare, essentially the same as google cloud print and such

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by irtek View Post
    Yes that is correct. You have to use the paid version of Anydesk that allows you unattended remote access. There will be a computer at location A that is networked to the copier using the Toshiba Universal print driver 2. Go to the driver printer properties / select Advanced Tab / Bottom left you select Printer Defaults / top of graphics select Normal print drop box and change to Private Print / to the right is a box with 3 dots select it and enter password / Apply. In Printer Preferences leave the selection on Normal Print. Computer at location B Open Anydesk App and click the horizontal lines at top right corner and go to settings. On left side select Printer and under Outgoing Print Jobs click Install Anydesk Printer / Printer will install. Now when remotely connected if you if you print using the Anydesk Print Driver the print job will go to the copier and store on HDD. On the copier select the Print Key and you will see the Private Print Jobs / Select User / press ok / box will pop up for the password / enter password / ok / select job and print.
    Thanks for the detail and very clever. I will test.

AnyDesk is a mimimum $20.00 month subscription x 60 months = $1,200.00 USD/ $1,650.00 Cdn

Toshiba eBridge Global Print is a simpler to execute solution for much less money over the the same 60 month copier lease. The cost of eBridge Global Print can be buried in a lease and can be used by many co-workers.

AnyDesk does not require a MS365 subscription. eBridge Global Print does.

Therefore, both solutions are good to have available.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 03-17-2023 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by techsxge View Post
    Email Printing, is it possible for you to do?

Otherwise, there is a free software called PrinterShare, essentially the same as google cloud print and such
    I will test. Thanks,

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Anydesk starts @ $14.90 per month.

Technician

Why not just send it via email.( send to machines email address) Setup the pop and have the machine print the attachments only,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Dech1 View Post
    Why not just send it via email.( send to machines email address) Setup the pop and have the machine print the attachments only,,,
    I will test. Thanks,

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

I'm in the process of labbing this up at the shop. If I don't do it tonight, it'll be tomorrow for sure. I use Splashtop because I think it's the best out there. And the easiest. Sure, it cost a little bit but I think it's worth it.

Check it out: Remote Printing via Splashtop

Growth is found only in adversity.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

I set up remote printing. Nothing to it. I also picked up a couple of tricks along the way.

I enabled "blank screen". This means that when I remote in to my computer that the screen is blank on the PC that I remote into. Otherwise, if there are people in the office, they could see your sensetive data.

and

I enabled "play sound only on master PC". This means that if I play sound that it only plays on the PC that is controlling the session and not the remote PC.

Pretty cool, I think. Then again, it doesn't take much to excite me.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Have you considered PaperCut Hive? It would do everything you asked for and more.
    Pros: No additional hardware is required. Little to no configuration. The easy setup process for the dimwit end users.
    Cons: Price maybe. Of course, it depends on SMB size.