Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh harddisk tweaks

just wondering if we can tweak the machine, instead of the ricoh detecting the harddrive from the internal, we tweak it to detecting pendrive from it's usb port.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh harddisk tweaks

Re: Ricoh harddisk tweaks

It you are wanting to scan to USB device, or SD card, many already can. All new models have it builtin to the side of the console. Any older model that has a USB2.0/SD option kit available has the ability. And you do not need the kit. Just put the thumb drive in the USB slot that the installation instructions indicate to use for the kit and make the SP setting in the installation instructions. You can even use a standard USB A extension cable so you don't have to reach back to the back of the machine and use a USB SD card adapter for SD cards. It may not look as nice as Ricoh's kits but it works.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    It you are wanting to scan to USB device, or SD card, many already can. All new models have it builtin to the side of the console. Any older model that has a USB2.0/SD option kit available has the ability. And you do not need the kit. Just put the thumb drive in the USB slot that the installation instructions indicate to use for the kit and make the SP setting in the installation instructions. You can even use a standard USB A extension cable so you don't have to reach back to the back of the machine and use a USB SD card adapter for SD cards. It may not look as nice as Ricoh's kits but it works.
    Nah i dont want to scan to usb. i want to utilize the usb instead of use ricoh internal harddisk, i will use the usb instead.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Not going to happen. The drive has specific functions and partitions in the machine using a proprietary file format. The core OS isn't installed on it and the USB interface isn't mounted as storage outside of specific features. It's essentially a swap and cache feature along with storing the address book and a few other settings.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk