• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Logged-on
    Trusted Tech

100+ Posts
    • Sep 2010

Anybody having issues with FM audit?

I've been doing remote calls to install FM audit, the new version is ECI DCA. In the last few weeks I've been repairing and installing the app remotely, but I've been running into problems in what seems to be a growing number of accounts.

On a new install the log shows that the installation was successful, but the devices on the network are not showing up or reporting. Usually once ECI DCA has been installed on the account page the version number will appear on the right with the host computer and location somewhere in the middle. Once ECI DCA has been installed the Host computer shows on the account page, but not the ECI DCA version number.

I just had a remote session with ECI support on one of our accounts, and he was able to determine that the app was working, but it's communication to our company server is being blocked. He tasked my customer's IT person with trying to determine why they are unable to ping our server from his device.

I know with all the hackers going all out these days the network security is likely being increased, but this problem is starting to occur far to frequently.

Has anyone else been having issues with FM audit? Also it seems the date of 3/16/23 has been appearing as the last report date on many of these accounts.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
  • AJL45
    Technician
    • May 2020

Re: Anybody having issues with FM audit?

I believe I am having the same issue, been fighting with it for the last couple of months. Did you happen to ever find out any information?

FM.jpg

Comment

• Logged-on
      Trusted Tech

100+ Posts
      • Sep 2010

I still have a couple accounts that are fighting me, but I have been having a lot of success. If I'm doing a remote session, after the install, I got to the account tab, and click the I. In network settings I enter the IP address, (or range). Under MIB walk I enter the IP address and click start collection. Then I go to the status bar, I usually need the customer's help at this point, I find the icon in the system tray, right click and go to stop. At that point I usually lose control of the computer, I ask the customer to allow the stop task, then I ask the customer to go back to the system tray right click and start the app. For some reason as long as I'm talking to the customer as long as I check the device won't start reporting. As soon as I hang the phone up, I check the device on my end and it's reporting, probably 95% of the time.

I had one recently i sent the installer to, she installed the program without an issue, she emailed me that because she didn't see the application do anything, she went ahead and reinstalled it. Ughhh, she installed it properly, then broke the installation with a new install. I had to log back in and reset the connection, and install it a 3rd time.

I still have a few accounts that aren't reporting, but the percentage is dropping, even getting good at Mac environments.

Comment

• JimHegs
        This Space For Rent

100+ Posts
        • Jan 2009

We've had a few instances where the ECI DCA looks like it installs but never sends data, a few looked like the licensing process failed but even reinstalling didn't help. Then we found the RESET button and it fixed most of our install failures.

1. Go to: ADMIN >> ACCOUNTS >> MANAGE DCAs.
        2. Click the checkbox for the account you want to reset the DCA for
        3. Click the RESET button at the bottom of the page, you will get an ominous warning that you will "break future connections for the selected DCA..."
        4. Click OK and then work from and/or resend a fresh install link.

Let us know if that helps.
        Attached Files
        Follow me on Twitter at https://www.twitter.com/JimHegs

Comment

Working...