Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Self-Taught

Re: Dell 9010 no sound

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    It's something that has happened before. It could just be a flag that didn't get set properly when you responded to the confirmation email. Worst case scenario is that Aneurysm will have to delete the user name and have you recreate a new one. Also it could have to do with your email. Google or Yahoo accounts seem to have the least problems.
    The vb conf email usually is used to move the user account from the unvalidated guest user group to the normal one with permissions to post so if something went wrong there I wouldn't have been able to post at all. Funny thing is that on my own forum, it's the 'free' email accounts that have the biggest issue with getting the conf email. All I can think of is when the user account was being created, for some reason the db entry got corrupted so there is no profile table.

One thing I was thinking was maybe it was some permissions I set (I always go through the user settings and set my preferences before I start using a forum), but I just checked those and nothing there seemed off. I even toggled some of them so they would save again to the db, but doesn't seem to have helped.

Hopefully the admin doesn't have to delete my user account, and can instead just make a new one and then merge this one into it so all the data stays intact--I've typed up some long paragraphs as posts and would like to still get credit for them!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samir View Post
    The vb conf email usually is used to move the user account from the unvalidated guest user group to the normal one with permissions to post so if something went wrong there I wouldn't have been able to post at all. Funny thing is that on my own forum, it's the 'free' email accounts that have the biggest issue with getting the conf email. All I can think of is when the user account was being created, for some reason the db entry got corrupted so there is no profile table.

One thing I was thinking was maybe it was some permissions I set (I always go through the user settings and set my preferences before I start using a forum), but I just checked those and nothing there seemed off. I even toggled some of them so they would save again to the db, but doesn't seem to have helped.

Hopefully the admin doesn't have to delete my user account, and can instead just make a new one and then merge this one into it so all the data stays intact--I've typed up some long paragraphs as posts and would like to still get credit for them!
    And your forum is?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Self-Taught

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    And your forum is?
    Huntsville Car Scene.com. But I turned it off once I started taking care of my parents. I'm a mod on Kizashiclub.com too. Been around forums a long time, cutting my teeth on them back in day using vb3 as an internal communication platform at the LG national call center.