Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Cannot ping the copier

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Microsoft's Copilot responded:

It is possible that the router is blocking the access to the web browser of the copier. You can try the following steps to troubleshoot the router issue:

• Check if the router has a firewall or security settings that might prevent the connection to the copier. You can access the router settings by typing its IP address in a web browser on a computer that is connected to the same network as the copier. You may need to enter a username and password to log in to the router. If you are not sure about the routerís IP address, username, or password, you can check the routerís manual or contact the manufacturer for assistance.
    • If the router has a firewall or security settings, try to disable them temporarily or add an exception for the copierís IP address. Then, try to access the web browser of the copier again. If it works, you can re-enable the firewall or security settings and adjust them accordingly to allow the connection to the copier.
    • If the router does not have a firewall or security settings, or disabling them does not solve the problem, you can try to reset the router to its factory default settings. This will erase any custom configurations and restore the router to its original state. To reset the router, you can usually press and hold a small button on the back or bottom of the router for about 10 seconds. The routerís lights will flash and then restart. After the router resets, you will need to reconfigure it according to your network preferences. Then, try to access the web browser of the copier again.

If none of these steps work, you may need to contact the routerís manufacturer or your internet service provider for further assistance. You can also refer to the following websites for more information on how to troubleshoot print issues in Microsoft Edge1234 or other applications5. I hope this helps.

So the usual generic stuff that everyone already checks...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Cannot ping the copier

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    So the usual generic stuff that everyone already checks...
    ... copier service techs have many different levels of quality and experience. Copilot is a new AI tool to work with we never had before.

AI is still in it's early years of development. At this time, Copilot is perhaps no more than a more powerful form of Google search.

One thing is for sure, our friends in Marketing will try and insert the phrase Artifical intelligence into everything they can.

I was talking to a person today who's job is to perform property assessments for the municipal gov't. With many 1,000s of assessments per year, he now has new software tools that use AI that helps him quickly decide how much a property owner has to pay in taxes.

Cannot ping the copier

It turns out the network service provider was in the building performing some upgrades and they have not completed their work.

The router did not work because some of the wiring in the building was hanging loose in the air.

The employee I was working with over the weekend did not know these upgrades were happening.
    Last edited by SalesServiceGuy; 11-21-2023 at 05:38 PM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Cannot ping the copier

........ some of the wiring in the building was hanging loose in the air.
    Maybe a new definition of Airprint

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Cannot ping the copier

It turns out the network service provider was in the building performing some upgrades and they have not completed their work.

The router did not work because some of the wiring in the building was hanging loose in the air.

The employee I was working with over the weekend did not know these upgrades were happening.

That's one of the disadvantages of remoting in.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

I had the same issue this week with a Konica Minolta Bizhub C250i - the inability to access the embedded web browser was resolved by turning the facility on in the copiers's settings. I am not familiar with the Toshiba range but this maybe something to investigate?

Cannot ping the copier

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD0505 View Post
    I had the same issue this week with a Konica Minolta Bizhub C250i - the inability to access the embedded web browser was resolved by turning the facility on in the copiers's settings. I am not familiar with the Toshiba range but this maybe something to investigate?
    ... the cause was work in progress on data wiring within the building.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Cannot ping the copier

... the cause was work in progress on data wiring within the building.
    It seems some people don't bother to read anything more than the Title of a thread before replying,