Senior Tech 100+ Posts mbcruzin's Avatar

Sharpdesk Going away??

I have heard that Sharpdesk might be going away? Now I'm not sure if this is true or not. Plus I don't push this option with my clients due to past issues with the ports being blocked, and the fact that sharp went to single use licenses. It was glories when they gave us 10 per machine. I just wanted to know if anyone else has heard of this, and what options are you using instead? Scan to folder, Server, MFP HDD etc?

Senior MFP Technician 250+ Posts ihatefinishers13's Avatar

Re: Sharpdesk Going away??

Quote Originally Posted by mbcruzin View Post
    I have heard that Sharpdesk might be going away? Now I'm not sure if this is true or not. Plus I don't push this option with my clients due to past issues with the ports being blocked, and the fact that sharp went to single use licenses. It was glories when they gave us 10 per machine. I just wanted to know if anyone else has heard of this, and what options are you using instead? Scan to folder, Server, MFP HDD etc?
    Sharpdesk has been discontinued for at least 5 years. We used to use an unlimited license on version 3.3, but eventually people only used it to automatically show their latest scan. Decent software, and for a while was more reliable than SMB with Windows updates, but eventually was discontinued because the Phoenix/2 machines come with OCR built in.

Re: Sharpdesk Going away??

The bundle was discontinued in February 2019.
    I can't find any price so I guess I can't even buy it anymore.

BUT
    You can install Network Scanner Tool Lite if you just want to scan to the computer (but I still prefer to use SMB) :
    - | Sharp Digital MFPs / Printers