Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    DrGr3nThmb

Angry Canon iR2220i Scan not working after changing File Server to Domain Controller

The company I work for had me upgrade their simple file/print server setup to a full domain controlled environment .... They have a Canon iR2220i Copier and now I can't get the scan to file (Windows SMB) to work. I've created a shared folder at //NPXSERVER/Scans and created a user in the domain for the scanner giving the scanner full access to the folder. I've set up a one-touch button in the address book but when i tested the send I get an 801 error .... Is there something else I have to do to bring the copier onto the domain?? Why does it seem to fail authentication?? I'm new to large printers like this one and am royally STUCK!! Any Ideas??

DrGr3nThmb
    @teckat posted something very helpful in another thread at Canon IR3225 universal scan problem. that I'm going to try!! I'll post if it works but could still use more input on this ... thank you!

DrGr3nThmb
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGr3nThmb View Post
    @teckat posted something very helpful in another thread at Canon IR3225 universal scan problem. that I'm going to try!! I'll post if it works but could still use more input on this ... thank you!
    OK IT DIDNT WORK!!! Please HELP!?!?!?

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    It won't with this model, either.

The early model Canons with Universal Send (such as yours) don't support the version 2 SMB packet signing that started with Server 2003.

You can lower this to version 1 (not recommended, as it is less secure), or possibly scan to a workstation and share the scans from there... or, bypass the whole mess and scan to email.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

DrGr3nThmb
    What kind of security threats does SMB protect against. By disabling SMB signing in the server registry I got it to work, but how bad is this really?? I'll wait to go live with everything until I further understand this ... thank you!!