Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Copy and print capture software

Had anyone used a good print and copy capture software program that is similar in function to Equitrac. I need to be able to track usage based on account codes and be able to report usage of these codes.

Re: Copy and print capture software

If it is for just one machine this functionality is already built in. Enable user codes for whatever function you need, scanner, copier, printer, etc. If for more than one, I would recommend PaperCut.

Thanks ruben. I have looked at Papercut because there are over 60 devices I am working with. Just wondering if there was a less expensive alternative.

pagetech

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjunky View Post
    Thanks ruben. I have looked at Papercut because there are over 60 devices I am working with. Just wondering if there was a less expensive alternative.
    We have a custom PCL5c printer driver that can always generate PCL with searchable text. And, a port monitor that captures the PCL and redirects as input to a PCL transformation program (PCLXForm) to search for text, count pages, split/route/index documents, convert to PDF, etc. The port monitor also inserts all the metadata derived from the application and print manager as hidden comments for extraction and has a indexing feature in the form of a end user pop-up dialog in order to insert whatever else is needed to help the downstream process know what to do with the document (route?, make a copy?, convert to PDF, extract index text?, etc.).

Let me know if that sounds like what you are looking for?

Regards,
    Bob Pooley

bp@pagetech.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

As well as PaperCut there is PCounter but PaperCut is the better of the two. There is also Safecom but it's not as straight forward as the other two.

I know for a fact that you can user control built in to the Sharp devices but that would be a per device thing, if you wanted to manage multiple devices including network printers PaperCut is the way forward. You can download a trial for 4 days.

Thanks MattL. I think we have decided to go the PaperCut route do to the reporting demands customer wants.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Copy and print capture software

Last second chime in, but...

PAPERCUT ALL THE WAY!!!

You just can't go past the flexibility and features that are included within PaperCut MF. You can even go as far as branding PaperCut as your own once installed if you really want to go silly.

As far as I am concerned, PaperCut has to be the best manufacturer agnostic system you could buy.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.