Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Import 900+ Fax Numbers to Kyocera 5500i address book from .csv

Angry Import 900+ Fax Numbers to Kyocera 5500i address book from .csv

There's gotta be an easier way to do this. We got an excel sheet, made a csv file, and I can't find where to do this with the latest version of KM Net viewer. This makes my head hurt! It sucks! But it has to be done. Customer thinks it's a same day kinda thing but with copy and paste, we're like 200 something in.

Re: Import 900+ Fax Numbers to Kyocera 5500i address book from .csv

Quote Originally Posted by RollingROARANDA View Post
    There's gotta be an easier way to do this. We got an excel sheet, made a csv file, and I can't find where to do this with the latest version of KM Net viewer. This makes my head hurt! It sucks! But it has to be done. Customer thinks it's a same day kinda thing but with copy and paste, we're like 200 something in.
    I have heard others complain about the same thing with some of the newer KM Net v.5 and newer. Try to open Km-Net-Viewer in "General View", highlight device, open top "Device menu" -> Advanced -> Set multiple Devices -> Device Address Book -> Create from File. If you don't see it there, maybe switch back to version 4 if that is an option.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I struggled with this with the VoyagerE series. The problem is that the list is encrypted. Each series of machines is differently encrypted. I could create a list, but could not get past the encryption.

The only way I know is to use the Setup Utility to manually enter a list, or enter the list once from the machine panel, then use U917 to export/import it to other machines of the same series.

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but I don't have a better one. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I struggled with this with the VoyagerE series. The problem is that the list is encrypted. Each series of machines is differently encrypted. I could create a list, but could not get past the encryption.

The only way I know is to use the Setup Utility to manually enter a list, or enter the list once from the machine panel, then use U917 to export/import it to other machines of the same series.

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but I don't have a better one. =^..^=
    Having a similar issue. Machine's Secure Communication Error Log History shows SSL 1046 errors. Net Viewer can wipe the current address book but will not accept a csv file (any version of .csv). TASKalpha 4004i most current firmware. Tried disabling/enabling all ssl in machine and net viewer. At a loss. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate them.
    Sorry, no. Techs don't carry toner.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Master Sparkee View Post
    Having a similar issue. Machine's Secure Communication Error Log History shows SSL 1046 errors. Net Viewer can wipe the current address book but will not accept a csv file (any version of .csv). TASKalpha 4004i most current firmware. Tried disabling/enabling all ssl in machine and net viewer. At a loss. If you have any suggestions I would appreciate them.
    Start a new thread. This thread was almost 10 years old, dead and buried grave robber.