Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Work Shoes

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Work Shoes

The older I get the more my feet hurt, does anyone have a recommendation on work shoes for tech's

Thx Hoosierdaddy

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Work Shoes

Re: Work Shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosierdaddy View Post
    The older I get the more my feet hurt, does anyone have a recommendation on work shoes for tech's

Thx Hoosierdaddy
    Dr. Scholls (sp?) worked well, and lasted longer than others.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Work Shoes

I like Duluth Trading Company's Wild Boar Hiking Shoes. After breaking my ankle 3 years ago there aren't many shoes I can wear for any length of time. They're not as formal as I'd like, but I can wear them 13 hours, and now come in brown, dark brown and black. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Work Shoes

agree with Zootech and Blackcat.. i also wear inserts in mine... red wing makes good ones IF you need steel toed ones.

I WAS wearing steel toe boots with Gel inserts and they were fine for 18 months.
    I recently developed a heel spur in my right foot and NOW I wear a pair of black UnderArmour boots and they are amazing.
    Not as dressy as one would like but not that casual either.
    Now i only have to drag the boots out for PPE visits.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

I used to wear doc marten shoes, but now I wear CAT Falmouth shoes, they last me for ages & are really comfy the moment you put them on from new, if I wear "ordinary" shoes, i'll get through a pair a week, as I walk to all my jobs
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Technician

Magnum Patrol boots, love em, most comfy boots i've ever had

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Work Shoes

In the past couple years I've started wearing Nunn Bush shoes (Current brand = Beale Street). A lot "dressier" than most, but unlike some places, we don't have a "typical" technician attire (we're a Slacks and a collared shirt Svc. Dept.). The Nunn Bush Shoes are Extremely light weight, with gel pads built into the soul of the shoe. Surprisingly they've held up to the constant abuse of being bent in half, scoffed, endless walking, etc. Like I said, kind of dressy, but durable. I also carry a pair of slip-on steel toe shoes for the industrious areas.

For work shoes, you can take any pair of sneakers convenient for you. The main thing is that they are durable, and you feel comfortable working in them. I tend to think that if you choose some shoes for work, then your feet won't get tired in it. Therefore, I do not wear heavy shoes or shoes that fit me or squeeze in the sock. Usually, these are some sneakers in which the foot fits very comfortably. Now I'm wearing yeezy sneakers, and I feel comfortable. Before that, I wore specially protected boots that were dense and heavy. But I didn't feel comfortable in them, and my legs were tired...

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Work Shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Durrandort View Post
    For work shoes, you can take any pair of sneakers convenient for you. The main thing is that they are durable, and you feel comfortable working in them. I tend to think that if you choose some shoes for work, then your feet won't get tired in it. Therefore, I do not wear heavy shoes or shoes that fit me or squeeze in the sock. Usually, these are some sneakers in which the foot fits very comfortably. Now I'm wearing yeezy sneakers, and I feel comfortable. Before that, I wore specially protected boots that were dense and heavy. But I didn't feel comfortable in them, and my legs were tired...
    You will wish you were still wearing those heavy "protected" boots the first time have a large piece of equipment land on your foot and break a few bones. You will regret those sneakers the first time you have to slog your way across a three inch deep mud on a dirty parking lot out in the oil fields. You will really regret it that mud sucks one of those sneakers off of your foot.