C2213 consistent 25 to 50 sheets

Hello
    I am currently working on a KM C6501. The problem i have is that the cyan keeps throwing this code. I have had and fixed this problem with other machines in the past. The machine doesnt seem to do it as much with new drums but it has. When the code pops the cyan image is staggered about 2 to 4 inches out of registration.

I have swapped the drum units no change. Swapped the drum drive units. No change. Replaced the dps no change.

Firmware is version 70

It never gives code for the other colors and customer can run black all day long with no issues.

I was thinking it might be the write unit misfiring but I dont get codes for the write unit.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    C2213 consistent 25 to 50 sheets

Re: C2213 consistent 25 to 50 sheets

Quote Originally Posted by Alias813 View Post
    Hello
    I am currently working on a KM C6501. The problem i have is that the cyan keeps throwing this code. I have had and fixed this problem with other machines in the past. The machine doesnt seem to do it as much with new drums but it has. When the code pops the cyan image is staggered about 2 to 4 inches out of registration.
    I have swapped the drum units no change. Swapped the drum drive units. No change. Replaced the dps no change. Firmware is version 70 It never gives code for the other colors and customer can run black all day long with no issues. I was thinking it might be the write unit misfiring but I dont get codes for the write unit. Any suggestions are much appreciated.
    total page counts?

what are the life left on Drums/Toners/Belt/fuser

have you run calibrations?

any other errors recorded in error log?

Re: C2213 consistent 25 to 50 sheets

Original drum was at 89k. Full toners. Belt is less than 150k
    Total count is 680k for color abd bw
    I routinely check the registration through service mode due to precise registration needed for jobs customer runs.
    Machine is calibrated through fiery by customer frequently. Auto color reg.
    I have done wverything the manual suggests. Thats why I was left with the write unit. But if it misfired it should code for the write unit.

Its basically the worst machine I work on. I have been trying to get my boss to have them upgrade. But the customer is stingy.

Awhile ago we did replace the engine. We think the engine was from the konica school.