Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

www.avg.com/retail

Welcome to avg retail Protect your data, devices, and your family With the development of the digital world, online protection is crucial. It is extremely important to protect your PCs, Mac, computers as well as mobile devices and tablets with www.avg.com/retail. This can be done with the help of effective internet security and anti-virus products from avg that safeguards all devices used on digital platforms.

Re: www.avg.com/retail

Would you like to introduce avg.com/retail with your permit key code? First, you have to ensure that there are no other security programs introduced in your working framework then you have finished the actuation procedure you can log in to your AVG Account and go to the membership area of your record and afterward you can see the catch there like Add gadget. Presently you can begin to start the download and establishment of your avg.com/retail item on the web.

Shield your Computer from most recent dangers and Internet Hackers

Infections and spyware can hurt your PC document framework and significant information so now its ridiculously imperative to have great security insurance which can verify yours on the web and disconnected advanced life. AVG is a finished security insurance suite which not just shields your PCs from infections and spyware yet, in addition, it can keep up the great speed of your working framework and increment its strength. Visit here: avg.com/retail

Visit also this Blog:avg antivirus error code 0xe001d027

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    www.avg.com/retail

First, not sure why this is posted in the copier forums?

Second, AVG sucks and slows down computer. Many better FREE alternatives

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    www.avg.com/retail

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    First, not sure why this is posted in the copier forums?

Second, AVG sucks and slows down computer. Many better FREE alternatives
    No need to even bother with Antivirus software Microsoft Spend millions developing Windows Defender security which is BUILT INTO Windows 10.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

www.copierfirmware.co.uk

www.avg.com/retail

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    No need to even bother with Antivirus software Microsoft Spend millions developing Windows Defender security which is BUILT INTO Windows 10.

Exactly what I use.

Service Technician 250+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Why would anyone even consider it after the discovery that AVG and Avast both collect and sell every tiny piece of data that they can get from you. Supposedly non-identifiable information, and that has proven to be 100% false, ESPECIALLY if you are a PAID USER because your data is all tied to your unique subscriber ID.

Avast and AVG Plugins Reportedly Doing Some Shady Data Collection
    Browser plugins from Avast and AVG yanked for stealing user data / Boing Boing
    Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year, now a Konica Minolta Service Tech for the last 6 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

www.avg.com/retail

[QUOTE=femaster;1160608]Why would anyone even consider it after the discovery that AVG and Avast both collect and sell every tiny piece of data that they can get from you. Supposedly non-identifiable information, and that has proven to be 100% false, ESPECIALLY if you are a PAID USER because your data is all tied to your unique subscriber ID.

Hwy femaster, I saw at bottom of your post this history of your tech experience, Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year, now a Konica Minolta Service Tech for the last 6 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Hope you don't mind me asking but since you worked on ricoh & kon/min for around the same amount of time which do you like better? Think I know the answer...

Service Technician 250+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Hwy femaster, I saw at bottom of your post this history of your tech experience, Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year, now a Konica Minolta Service Tech for the last 6 years.

Hope you don't mind me asking but since you worked on ricoh & kon/min for around the same amount of time which do you like better? Think I know the answer...
    This got a bit more long-winded than I anticipated...

To be honest, they both seem to have their problems. When I was working on Ricoh, they had already become pretty flimsy machines with everything being made out of plastic. KM has since started down the same road, but they at least held out a bit longer.

From what I remember though, Ricohs were a bit easier to work on. Replacing feed tires on a Ricoh was always an easy task, unlike the ridiculousness of KM machines, though there has been a drastic improvement in KM in recent years in that area.

The service mode was laid out a bit strange in Ricoh machines, but everything was nicely labeled. For the most part you didn't need to look things up in the service manual to figure out what they did (input/output checks on KM come to mind, everything being a number code).

Firmware is was always a bear on Ricohs, pretty convoluted procedure and each individual accessory had to be downloaded and installed separately. Moving to KM was nice, download a single file, extract, and it updates everything all at once. I also REALLY disliked the SD card crap with Ricoh. In order to add functions to the copier you had to insert the appropriate SD card, and if you needed multiple SD cards you had to play around with merging the software onto a single card, then don't loose the original SD just in case you ever had to make changes and you needed to move the software back to the original SD, blah, blah...

In general, I guess I lean a bit toward Ricoh being slightly better from a service perspective, though that may come with a bit of bias due to my experience with KM. The company I work for runs the KM machines into the ground, so they tend to be real headaches at times when it comes to repair. Not sure if you saw my post the other day in the KM support area, but the company tends to not want to replace machines that I feel really SHOULD be replaced either due to age or page counts.

All things considered, I'd say KM is probably a bit more reliable, but Ricoh was a bit easier to service (based on my knowledge of them from 6+ years ago).
    Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year, now a Konica Minolta Service Tech for the last 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

It still cannot stop ransom ware. It also cannot detects many PUPs, Potential Unwanted Programs.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    www.avg.com/retail

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    It still cannot stop ransom ware. It also cannot detects many PUPs, Potential Unwanted Programs.
    Yes it does, Windows Defender has a ransomware detection.

Capture.JPG
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

www.copierfirmware.co.uk