Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Platt Tool Case Pallets - Opinions?

I have a Platt 800T case with C and B pallets. The molded pallet pouches/pockets are made out of polyethylene (I think) and are literally falling apart. Quite possibly the worst material for longevity.

Anyways, take a look at the replacement options:
    https://www.plattcases.com/v/vspfile...es/Pallets.pdf

The winged pallet (WGH) appears to be a versatile option despite the catalog saying it fits only the "920T,926T, 928T, 946T, 978T and 610TTool Cases". The dimensions seem fine and I am willing to bet a few snips or demmel cuts will make it fit (if needed). The only thing is that it does say its 2" wide, but I am thinking if I eliminate the bottom pallet (or perhaps convert it to a clipboard or an attache) it will fit fine as long as I do not stuff the top hatch full of junk.

Anyways, what do you guys think?
    The winged top pallet?
    Or order 2 pallets... and if so, would you go with the G/SG H/SH or a different combo?

It is difficult to decide because I have no way of fondling the pallets in person and they are not exactly giving these things away for free.

Re: Platt Tool Case Pallets - Opinions?

800T-CB DELUXE POLYPROPYLENE TOOL CASE
    I also carry an 800T-CB Deluxe case, and the C and B "molded" pallets last the longest in my opinion.
    We had a tech in the past that had an 836T, but had the "sewn" pallets, and those went to shit within a couple years.
    He ended up finding some that are branded Katun/ Snap On, and those were a little better. They were still the "sewn" pallets, and a couple of the pockets busted within the first year.
    I would suggest sticking with the molded ones, combo C/B, but also depends on if those pallets have enough "slots" for the tools you carry.
    I love being able to store feed rollers and other small parts like that under the bottom pallet (shit I don't want to run back out to my van for), and the area and pouch behind the top pallet is perfect for paperwork, service bulletins, etc.
    Just my two cents.
    Omertà

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    I also carry an 800T-CB Deluxe case, and the C and B "molded" pallets last the longest in my opinion.
    We had a tech in the past that had an 836T, but had the "sewn" pallets, and those went to shit within a couple years.
    He ended up finding some that are branded Katun/ Snap On, and those were a little better. They were still the "sewn" pallets, and a couple of the pockets busted within the first year.
    I would suggest sticking with the molded ones, combo C/B, but also depends on if those pallets have enough "slots" for the tools you carry.
    I love being able to store feed rollers and other small parts like that under the bottom pallet (shit I don't want to run back out to my van for), and the area and pouch behind the top pallet is perfect for paperwork, service bulletins, etc.
    Just my two cents.
    I'm with you and still carry the old style "briefcase" toolbag. Most of the techs I know have switched to the soft shoulder style tool bags. They laugh at me when they see I still use old style. But it's great if 20 floors up in a city office building and not have to run back to truck for a tool, part, etc. I probably don't use 3/4 of the stuff in toolcase but nice when I do need it! Stuff like soldering iron, meter, etc etc I probably use once a year but nice to have on hand. Another thing my bag weighs a ton! Surprised I don't lean to one side when walking after carrying it all these years
    Last edited by copyman; 03-28-2020 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Just my two cents.
    Really? The molded pallets might be better when newerish, but these old ones are crumbling. When I close the top, simple gravity is litterally making the top pallet fitments fall off even with no tools!
    And to be honest, the molded config seemed clunky.

I will look look at katun options (I tend to avoid them like the plague for toners and stuff like that). And snap on is probably a no-go given their prices.

I'm still curious to hear from you guys... Opinoins on the variety of pallet configs?

For the time being, I repurposed the top pallet as a backboard and drilled holes for zip ties to hold my more clunky tools and ordered a screwdriver roll up pouch thing that I might glue to the bottom pallet

Thanks

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I've been using the same basic configuration of pallets for the last 30 years. First on Platt cases, then on the Jensen Case. I've had the Jenson case now for 15+ years, with only a new handle along the way.

In any case you're welcome to any of the pallets that I've removed and set aside over the years.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I've been using the same basic configuration of pallets for the last 30 years. First on Platt cases, then on the Jensen Case. I've had the Jenson case now for 15+ years, with only a new handle along the way.

In any case you're welcome to any of the pallets that I've removed and set aside over the years.
    Hey blackcat, your inbox is full

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I'm with you and still carry the old style "briefcase" toolbag. Most of the techs I know have switched to the soft shoulder style tool bags. They laugh at me when they see I still use old style. But it's great if 20 floors up in a city office building and not have to run back to truck for a tool, part, etc. I probably don't use 3/4 of the stuff in toolcase but nice when I do need it! Stuff like soldering iron, meter, etc etc I probably use once a year but nice to have on hand. Another thing my bag weighs a ton! Surprised I don't lean to one side when walking after carrying it all these years
    ̀ moved over to the back packs some 3years ago. I pack absolutely every thing needed in there.
    Can take anything from a HP to an Oce apart with it. Not that i would really work on HP...
    The old style bag chewed my shoulder up. The C.K. Magma bag i use packs the same weight and being able to use both straps makes it a lot easier to move.
    Caring the old bag the 3M vac and parts and toners gets to much.

Got a second tool case that stays in the car. With that i can take an entire car apart...
    Whatever

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

I use a longs
    CARRY-ALL Multipurpose trolley case
    Katun also sells the same one but much more money
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Got a second tool case that stays in the car. With that i can take an entire car apart...
    Thank you for that part...I was thinking you're going to say something like "With that i can...go elephant hunting" but your's actually better
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.